Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sunday 18th October Sky Box Office Live Event booked but unable to access

Having booked the event on Saturday evening I tuned in to On Demand/Live Events on Sunday evening just after 7 o'clock.  The event was the Premier League match between Leicester and Aston Villa and the program was due to start at 19:00. 

Clicked on the 'Watch now' button and was greeted with a blank screen apart from a message saying 'There is a problem with the signal for this channel.  Call 150 etc., etc.'. I called 150 immediately.

Eventually during the call, an automated message advised, after supposedly running a quick test on my equipment, to switch off my Tivo box, wait a few seconds and switch the box back on.  I did this but all to no avail, as I got the 'problem with the signal' message again.

Over the next hour and a half I repeated the process several times but continuously received the same 'problem with the signal' message.  All of the TV channels were working normally throughout this time.

I called 150 again the next day but after listening to the never ending stream of advice to go online to resolve the problem I had, I begun to lose the will to live and have now ended up here.

I would like some reassurance that the £14.95 that I agreed to pay for this Live Non-Event will not appear on my next bill.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sunday 18th October Sky Box Office Live Event booked but unable to access

Considering there has not been a flood of messages here its probably safe to assume there is a signal issue only affecting your property, or there is a tuner issue with the box itself. I would talk to faults & have some tests run on the box.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the reply.

I raised the matter on Live Chat last Thursday morning (29 October).  I say 'Live' but it was robotic software that requested my personal details, amount of last bill etc.,  and when it realised my query was too complex I was informed that my issue would be passed to an adviser and that there would be a response within 24 hours.

I asked if this would be by email or phone (landline only, no mobile phone) and waited several minutes for a reply but none was forthcoming.

By yesterday morning I still hadn't heard from Virginmedia but undeterred I went ahead and booked another pay-per-view event for that day namely the Premier League match between Aston Villa and Southampton.  I tuned-in to the event ten minutes before kick-off and watched the whole broadcast without a hitch. 

To be continued..... 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Have just checked my current bill and have been charged £14.95 for the event I wasn't able to view.

Eight days on from raising the issue on Live Chat and still no contact from Virginmedia.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Still no contact from Virginmedia.

Tried the 0345 number this morning where they do everything they can to get you to come online for help.

So I gave Live Chat another go and again get no further than.... 

'Okay, we’ve got your query. We will be with you as soon as possible. However, please be aware that replies from this service are not immediate, allowing you to get on with your day'

'replies from this service are not immediate, allowing you to get on with your day' - What a load of tripe!  Almost wet myself laughing at that one.

Shambles of a company.

0 Kudos