Menu
fred532
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Stuck on 'starting up'

I have a V6 box and despite unplugging everything a few times and ensuring all cables are connected properly I can't get beyond 'starting up' on my tv screen.   This is driving me nuts!  I've been trying to get through on the phone for a couple of hours after doing the ridiculous loop of selection help on the phone which simply gets me back to needing an operator....... I think its a V6 box problem. I'm seriously thinking of cancelling tv, phone and internet as this isn't what I paid for.  

If anyone can help or give advice it would be appreciated.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Stuck on 'starting up'

Is this a new V6 you have just received or one that has been working fine and now stopped?

Are all other services working fine?

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
fred532
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Stuck on 'starting up'

Sorry for the delay in responding..........the V6 box was declared broken by Virgin Media on 11th December after they ran tests from their end.  Since then they have supposedly ordered me a new box three times, after I have had to ring up again and again - on Friday 11th, Tuesday 15th and Friday 18th.  No box arrived after each occasion, no emails received after each occasion, nothing. A Complaint was raised on Friday 18th at 7.30pm and I was told a manager would contact me within 72 hours. Yet again, I have had no contact. It is now 96 hours. I spoke again to them last night, 21st December (this is the fourth time I've had to ring them up as they've not done as they promised on each occasion) and I was informed I would be contacted today. It's now 6.30pm and nothing. I have had no TV since Thursday 10th December, I am dependant on my TV as I cannot visit another household due to the covid restrictions and I am classed as high risk with chest problems.

0 Kudos