Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Stuck on ‘Starting up’

Hi,

I have been trying to get my tv box working and is stuck on ‘starting up’ after the welcome page.

I have checked all of the cables in the back are connected properly and have rebooted a few times to see if this helps.

it has been stuck like this for a couple of hours now so feels like it is not easily resolved.

I’d appreciate some help on this please.

many thanks,

toby

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Stuck on ‘Starting up’

What TV box is it - TiVo, V6, 360?

Is this a new TV box connecting for the first time? How are you connecting it to the Hub - wifi or ethernet cable? If wifi - test with an ethernet cable.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for response,

it is a TiVo box, I’ve had it a year or so. 
it worked fine a while ago but because it didn’t do everything we wanted it too it has just been left switched on with us actually using an Amazon fire stick for tv, which wasn’t a smart tv.

I got a new tv today so connected the virgin TiVo box for the first time to this and this is where the problem was noticed.

does that help?

Thanks,

Toby

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

IMG_9966.jpeg

 Might be wrong, sorry is this a TiVo?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

So the V6 has been unconnected to the VM network for some time? If so you will have to call it in for them to send a signal to it to get it working again.

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos