Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Stuck installing software

My Virgin Tv box has been stuck installing software for days now. It just keeps restarting and seems to be stuck on a loop. Any suggestions? I tried resetting the box after 2 days. It’s now been 3 more days and still installing!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Stuck installing software

Is it a tivo or v6? If its a tivo. Try switching power off at the back of box then switch back on whilst holding down left and right arrows and standby button on box. Keep hold of them until something appears on screen. If its a v6 then do similar thing but holding standby and '-' sign instead

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out whilst working from home. Find out more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Chris but no luck unfortunately. I left it overnight but still seems to stuck in an update loop!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I am having the same issue. It’s been like this for nearly three weeks. Tivo box looping on Stage 1 of 3. I have turned it off and back on every couple of days and still stuck. Once if went on to 2 of 3 and I got excited. Then it bounced back to stage 1. Same connection issue when running the test.

Trying that remote buttons fix requires three hands. Tried it a couple of times and still no success.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Managed to get through to the call centre today and they're sending a new box. Would recommend giving them a call

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. Will do that. Did they say the box was faulty? I read somewhere that new firmware only works with newer boxes.
Also I’d say to ask for a refund for the time without service.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yeah said it was a faulty box. Did try to ask for a discount...was offered a slightly improved package but for £12 more per month and was told they couldn't do anything else!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Ha! Why am I not surprised. I am thinking about going with them for the WiFi also so who knows... thank you.

0 Kudos