Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Stranded - Poor Installation

Moved to Virgin 1 week ago. Never worked right. Been on hold for a total of 6 hours in last week. Booster sent. No difference. Boxes won’t talk to each other. Absolutely terrible service. No one to talk to for help. I want to cancel as I can’t believe the terrible service. One week in and not working. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Stranded - Poor Installation

Well, if you REALLY want to cancel you'd better be quick, as you've only got fourteen days from the service being installed.  After that you'll be hit with eye-watering early termination fees.   Which probably means getting on the phone at 8:00 am Monday and choosing options for things like "about my account" and "thinking of leaving".

There's a strong possibility that the retentions team who you'll speak to will want to get the problems resolved, so give thought to whether that is the outcome you'd prefer rather than cancelling.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi. That isn’t the outcome I want - ideally I want a working service and I moved to virgin on this basis. As you say, I only have 14 days to cancel and based on customer service to date it will not be fixed anytime soon so I’d rather cut my losses. If I can’t speak to anyone or get any help I don’t want to be left with a crap tv service for 18 months. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Whilst waiting to get through to cancellations if you post up more details of what VM equipment you have, how they are connecting to the Hub, and what the problems are in more detail there may be a "quick fix" we can help with.

Are normal TV channels coming through fine on the TV connected directly to the TV box?

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi ukemma75, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to our community. 

Very sorry that you're unhappy with the installation and services, I can assure you it's not the level of service we aim to provide. 

I've had a look at the back end of things from here and can see that since posting you've been able to speak to the team about this and they've provided further help. 

Please pop back if you still need us and we can help from here. 

Emma_C - Forum Team
0 Kudos