Menu
captaingadget
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Still charging the same but offering reduced customer service

I've been trying to report a fault for months to report a fault with persistent pixellation and W02 errors. But it has proved impossible to contact customer service. I've tried raising complaints but those have been completely ignored.

All Virgin seem to say on their website is some bleat about Covid and their call centres. Well either get them back open or start giving us refunds - I'm still paying the same but getting a vastly reduced service.

I've had to work all the way through Covid.  So why not the call centre. Get them back to work.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Still charging the same but offering reduced customer service

@captaingadget wrote:

I've had to work all the way through Covid.  So why not the call centre. Get them back to work.

I sympathise greatly with your picture issues and evident problems reporting them. Just on the specifics of (apparently quite simply) telling all call centre staff to go back to work at the click of a finger, you may be interested in these two articles..

New customer service jobs & Customer service staff working from home 

Sure, VM's C/S has its issues, and I won't try to defend excess wait times.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

@captaingadget wrote:

I've been trying to report a fault for months to report a fault with persistent pixellation and W02 errors. But it has proved impossible to contact customer service. I've tried raising complaints but those have been completely ignored.

All Virgin seem to say on their website is some bleat about Covid and their call centres. Well either get them back open or start giving us refunds - I'm still paying the same but getting a vastly reduced service.

Two words, “social distancing”. These people cannot wear masks, & are constantly speaking, therefore in a normal call centre only one in three workstations can be used. The offshore centres were completely closed by the relevant countries regulations when the outbreaks spread. Having people work from home with full access to systems is a serious security risk, as one company has already found out to its cost.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi captaingadget,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry to hear about this. I have taken a look on our side and it does indicate an engineer is required to get this resolved. 

I will private message you to assist with this. 

^Martin

0 Kudos
captaingadget
Tuning in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

If Virgin Media can't staff their call centres and are unable to give anything like acceptable customer service, then they should compensate customers who are receiving a degraded service.  You've only got to browse these forums to see that people are struggling to get through to customer services.  I strongly suspect Virgin are claiming for furlough payments from the Government, so actually their business costs are reduced at the moment.

Or alternatively, they could fix their website so it recognises when the advice given hasn't worked - when a customer has gone round the diagnostics three times and each time been told to do the same thing which didn't work the previous time.  Somewhere there should be a point where you can raise an issue using an online form. Sky had that.  Virgin may have it but its so well hidden that I couldn't find it.

Many other businesses are managing better through Covid.  I just don't think Virgin are trying.

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

And how many other businesses are offering discounts for reduced customer service?

Do you have any examples?

I have had to call several helplines over the last few months, & without exception they have all had long wait times. Indeed a call to one of the supermarket chains led to me calling repeatedly for over 5 days before even getting in the queue.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993