Menu
Joining in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Stargate SG1 season 1-8 missing

Hi, 

just wondering if anyone could shed any light onto why only series 8-10 of SG1 are available on virgin, but the whole 10 series are on sky? 

I understand it may be as simple as a rights issue, but seeing as they’re both from SkyOne I wouldn’t expect there to be 

many thanks 

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Stargate SG1 season 1-8 missing

Hi Ellrowe,

Welcome to the community! Thanks for posting, I'm really sorry for our delayed response.

Sorry to hear that some of the seasons for Stargate SG1 are missing,  I have just had a look myself and I was also unable to find season 1-7.

I have fed this back to the relevant team to find out the reason why the seasons are missing, as soon as I hear back from the team I will let you know from here.

If you need anything else meanwhile feel free to pop us a message below.

Kind regards,

Beth

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi Ellrowe,

Hope you're well.

I'm sorry that I have not been able to get back to you sooner, sadly I haven't been able to get any further updates on this as of yet.

Have you checked for the missing seasons again since posting? Let me know.

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Multiple issues with Stargate SG-1 on demand

Hi,

So I noticed the series was on demand now and set out to binge watch and I've noticed multiple issues with many episodes. Now I don't know if there's any other way to report this issue so I decided to make a post here.

The first issue being that season 7 is missing entirely despite the following 8-10 being on there. In fact it was a bit of a pain to even find it, only managed to get it to show via the A-Z setting, it doesn't appear under Sky 1.

The other issues are that seasons 1-6 all have a strange resolution, they have black bars surrounding the entire picture, not just the usual side bars you would normally expect of a 4:3 show, they're a much smaller image than anything else on there. I believe this is an issue as I've never encountered it watching SG-1 anywhere else and the following issue has me believe there is something wrong.

Now the biggest issue being that many episodes have parts missing, the 1st and 3rd episode of season 1 has about ten minutes cut off the ending. S1 E6 only has the first 13 minutes (of a 43 minute episode), now there's a lot of episodes to go through so I can't give details on how many others are like this, it could be an issue throughout all of them. I have checked episodes from all seasons and have found that the ones I checked from 1-6 all have the resolution issue.

I've also checked this on different TV's and played with many settings with no success on fixing that particular resolution issue so I do believe bit is an issue with the episodes themselves, no other show on demand has this issue either from what I've checked.

There is no option to watch them in HD either but I don't know if the original 7 seasons would have a HD option or not so I can't say if this is an issue or just how they are.

Hopefully this can be fixed, I've been pretty excited to rewatch this show again but it's not currently fully watchable as it is.

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Multiple issues with Stargate SG-1 on demand

As an update the more episodes I check the more that have parts missing, it appear to be any episode with a duration of less than 50 minutes, so far I have only found two full episodes in season 1.

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

So a further update, I've still had no joy with how to report this issue.

I've had time to confirm that the issue does cover S1-6 and Season 7 is still missing, have found many episodes in all those seasons with huge chunks of the episodes missing, plenty of ads in them though, the 13 minute episodes are about 7 minutes of ads.

Can anyone help with reporting this?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

So far as S7 being missing, and earlier series being in SD-only, I've checked my V6 and it's exactly the same. Given that later series are available in HD, that's likely just how it is - rights & availability, that's not a fault unfortunately. This isn't the first programme that such oddities have happened with (Madam Secretary is another), and it won't be the last.

The episodes being short, that's another story. I've had a quick look at S1 E6, and am minded to agree - of those 13minutes, several of them are also adverts!

VM staff respond on here, currently about a week behind. I'll check through a few other episodes later, and then may be able to mention it to VM staff to get it raised sooner.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi. 

checked just now and it’s still only got 8-10 available 

thanks for looking into this. Hopefully they will be available soon, if at all

0 Kudos
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Can confirm that currently all seasons are available (Including the previously missing S7).

The issue regarding the durations still isn't fixed though, so many episodes still have anywhere between 10 and 30 minutes missing from them.

0 Kudos