Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sports freeze

I have been trying for my sports channels refund for months now and keep getting fobbed off that I should have filled a form in but knew nothing about it does anyone know what I can do all’s they have offered is 1 month’s subscription back which is a joke I want the 3 months that should have been automatically paused for 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sports freeze

Hi Browny180178,

unfortunately the pause and refund was not automatic for Virgin, Sky or BT.

Sky published it on their website on 17th March, and it was up to customers whether they wished to cancel or pause.  This was picked up by press and TV.  For example

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2020/03/17/sky-sports-will-allow-customers-pause-subscriptions-...

When Virgin introduced the pause they also published details on their website, facebook and twitter and it was also picked up by press and TV.  

Personally I would be happy with 1 months subscription back if I hadn't applied.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@Browny180178 wrote:

I have been trying for my sports channels refund for months now and keep getting fobbed off that I should have filled a form in but knew nothing about it does anyone know what I can do all’s they have offered is 1 month’s subscription back which is a joke I want the 3 months that should have been automatically paused for 

Sky are not offering this retrospectively, either to their direct customers or to wholesale via Virgin/BT etc. If you got one month think yourself lucky. The subs Virgin collect go straight to Sky so they pull the strings.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Maybe getting 1 month is ok but when during the live chat the lady told me I would get the other months back once she had finished the claim for them then it is annoying and after being on hold for over half an hour today to just have the phone put down adds to this too, on top of that my live chat isn’t working either to ask on there 

0 Kudos