Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Southeast today

I have always received Southeast today on channel 101 but since last week it has reverted to London today WHY?  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Southeast today

Firstly, reboot your box if you have not done so.

Then if this does not work go to Home>Help>Virgin TV>TV Troubleshooting>Check for missing channels.

This should restore the box NIT settings for the area you are in. If this fails to work then ring faults.

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Where are you?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have tried all that. I come under London for local news which is useless for where we live.  i had  a big battle getting us changed many years ago and has been ok until they did a fault repair on the network in our road. I guess I will just have to get on the phone.  Many thanks for your help

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I have tried all that. I come under London for local news which is useless for where we live.  i had  a big battle getting us changed many years ago and has been ok until they did a fault repair on the network in our road. I guess I will just have to get on the phone

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgins network regions are different to Freeview or Satellite due to the way the network was built. If you are connected to a London network headend you will only get London regional programmes on 101 & 103.

If you are in parts of the South East you may find different regions available on channels 858 for BBC & 870/871 for ITV. 

On the map below the London region is marked in yellow. In this area you will get the London on 101 & 103. The area marked in light blue (plus Brighton & Hove) receives South East on 101 & 103.

London cable  franchises in yellowLondon cable franchises in yellow

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

To add to the above. I see from your previous posts that you are in Gravesend. This is in the London total survey area (TSA) for ALL TV platforms. So whether you have Freeview, Freesat, Sky or Virgin you should be getting London on 101 & 103.

I get the feeling someone has done an audit & put your box back into the correct NIT. The South East channels on your franchise are only intended for reception in Tunbridge Wells. I ought to point out that the franchise rules Virgin operates under “prescribe” the region you should be receiving on cable (in your case London, as per the TSA). If they are providing the wrong ones they could land in hot water with OFCOM. Don’t get your hopes up of getting it changed.

Use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos