Menu
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 31 of 166
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sound dropouts on the BBC1 HD Channel

@modteam 

The ticket you have raised, is this for the Virgin Media side of things only re the issue? 

Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 32 of 166
Flag for a moderator

Freeview help have asked me to supply details of links to the forums where people have been reporting issues, so I have done this for here and the BT community forum too. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 33 of 166
Flag for a moderator

Same thing has started happening here in Hamilton, South Lanarkshire...first noticed Sunday nite.

Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 34 of 166
Flag for a moderator

@Supertramp3406

Thanks for confirming this, I take it you are with Virgin Media?

I started noticing the sound issue too on Sunday night, particularly during the strictly results, only on HD. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 35 of 166
Flag for a moderator

Hi, May I kindly ask, anyone reporting that they too have issues can they say whether they are specifically with BT or Virgin Media, if BT which region or transmitter are you using/pointing to and is your aerial on the roof or loft. 

Thanks in advance. 😊 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 36 of 166
Flag for a moderator

Previous post refers...am with VM and first noticed it during 'World on Fire' from 9.00 Sun nite....still fairly intermittent though but annoying just the same!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 37 of 166
Flag for a moderator

@Supertramp3406 

Thanks, perhaps the dropout is affecting BT customers more than Virgin Media, I really don't know though, hopefully this issue won't last long, however I thought it would have been fixed by now, trouble is getting them to realise that there's a problem in the first place. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 38 of 166
Flag for a moderator

I'm in Edinburgh and have been experiencing this for around a week. I'm with VM. 

Can confirm its on BBC1 HD only so far.  It's so annoying that I've switched to watching SD. I only mention this for the benefits of Mods to convey how much of a priority this may be compared with other tickets.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 39 of 166
Flag for a moderator

@mozzer41

Thanks, I'm glad we're now beginning to get more and more people, this hopefully will now convince Freeview as I have given them a link to this thread and also the one on the BT community, I mentioned this earlier. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 40 of 166
Flag for a moderator

Was trawling thru some previous posts and note that an almost identical issue only affecting BBC1 HD was flagged up in Wales last Oct....described then as a 'sound stutter' which is what I'm experiencing....no apparent intervention from VM but seemed to 'sort itself' in 3 -4 days...here's hoping.