Menu
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 161 of 166
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sound dropouts on the BBC1 HD Channel

Thanks. No issues are showing. Is it happening on just the one channel? Are recordings also affected or just Live TV?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 162 of 166
Flag for a moderator

The sound just dropped out on STV HD (103) too while watching the NTA Awards tonight.

Its a quick drop out every couple of minutes or so.

Am not sure if its on any Recordings.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 163 of 166
Flag for a moderator

Let's hope this issue hasn't returned again as everyone who was in the central Scotland belt experienced this last year, including BT. 

I noticed it recently on the same channel for live football but it was extremely intermittent unlike last year. 

I'll post here if I notice it on BBC1 SCOTLAND 101 HD

Btw, was it occurring on SD too? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 164 of 166
Flag for a moderator

I am getting sound garbeled on quite a few stations and the picture disappears and comes back a minute or two later,    I have another box and swopped them and it was okay , but the box I took off and attached to the other tv  was just as garbled and picture disappeard as well, have been trying for 5 days to talk to someone at virgin, but all I get is machines......aaaaaarrrrgggghhhhh !!!!!!

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 165 of 166
Flag for a moderator

@Kaystalk 

I'm one of the users that was affected by last year's glitch and, like @paperclip, we're hoping it's not returning. I've not seen anything unusual yet, though from your description, it sounds very different from the previous issue. 

In our case it was very short duration dropouts in audio only. No effect on picture at all, and audio issues not linked to picture and not predictable. Only affected BBC1 HD. 

If there's a separate issue, it may be worth seeing if anyone else is experiencing the same issues, and starting a new thread for anyone affected? 

Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 166 of 166
Flag for a moderator

I agree with @mozzer41

0 Kudos