Menu
Well-informed
Message 2 of 166
Flag for a moderator

Sound dropouts on the BBC1 HD Channel

Has anyone noticed just sound issues with the BBC1 CH recently, it's occurring with the direct aerial to TV and BT-TV, I'm trying to find out if this is broadcaster related and to see if anyone on virgin TV has noticed similar? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Just joined
Message 1 of 166
Flag for a moderator

bbc1 sound problems

Tivo box in north lanarkshire area, the sound has been stuttering on bbc1 for the last 4 or 5 days. All other channels seem ok, anybody else have this issue?(I have tried restarting the box)

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 166
Flag for a moderator

Re: bbc1 sound problems

Hi, 

We have the same problem. We are in West Lothian. Only had it installed a week.  Not sure whether to call Virgin or not. Had so many issues already and each call takes 25 mins !! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 166
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sound dropouts on the BBC1 HD Channel

Interesting. There are reports of slight sound drops on BBC1 HD on V6 in another part of the forum:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-Media-TiVo-service/bbc1-sound-problems/m-p/4087862#M1899...

These reports are from Scotland and your experience would suggest it’s a broadcast issue.

I’m not sure how you complain to the BBC?

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 166
Flag for a moderator

Re: bbc1 sound problems

Another poster is reporting this on BTTV and Freeview:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV/Sound-dropouts-on-the-BBC1-HD-Channel/m-p/4088125#M18...

@ModTeam Do we have a route to check and report this to the BBC?

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 166
Flag for a moderator

@Ernie_C wrote:

I’m not sure how you complain to the BBC?

I think you start here:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/reception/problem-assistant

On the contact us page it says:

"If you have not been able to solve your problem through our problem assistant which guides you through a diagnostic journey and you still need to contact us,  you can do this at the end of that journey. You should give us as much information as possible about your problem to help us to help you."

Use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 7 of 166
Flag for a moderator

Thanks guys ladies whoever for confirming that you too have the sound issue, this would indicate that it's a broadcaster problem as it's affecting not only freeview customers on BT-TV but also Virgin cable customers. 

I've done two things, I've reported it via email form on the BBC website and I have just spoken to the BBC to report the issue in full. 

Anyone else who are experiencing this issue please let us know on this thread as the more people we have the more chance you have of getting this fixed. 

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 166
Flag for a moderator

Hi there, 

I too have had this problem for quite some time. VM have been out and replaced my set top box and the problem is clearly signal related. Sought help through samsung too and all the usual elimination options. Engineer is coming back this afternoon and maybe if VM get in touch with BBC too it may add weight to the cause?

Thanks for contacting the BBC, I will do the same.

Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 9 of 166
Flag for a moderator

Dear Mods, 

Please as per message prior to this one, could this issue be passed onto someone at Virgin so they can then pass on their concern regarding this directly to the BBC? the more tv providers get involved the quicker this issue will be resolved! 

I think we can safely say that it is indeed a BBC broadcaster issue. 

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 166
Flag for a moderator

I have just been on the phone with BBC complaints and a ticket has been raised about this issue to the technical department. Predicted response time? Within 10 working days!