Menu
Happyasapie
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sony TV HD channels are pixelated

For some time now viewing HD channels on my Sony TV is impossible. There is continuous disturbance with pixalation. Have tried turning everything on and off again and this does not work. Have also tried calling Virgin and can never get through. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sony TV HD channels are pixelated

Are there any HD channels in particular?

Pixellation is often the result of issues with your TV signal. If you've restarted your box once, then calling the fault in is the way to go. I appreciate you've already tried this, but - especially with circumstances as they are - patience & persistence is key.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Happyasapie
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi japitts, 

Thanks for your quick response. 

It can't be a TV signaling issue as the other channels are fine. There are several HD channels that have the issue, I haven't checked all.

I tried, again, to call Virgin a couple days ago and was told there was over an hours wait. So me trying to call is not the best. Is there a way to get virgin to give me a call? 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Happyasapie wrote:

It can't be a TV signaling issue as the other channels are fine. There are several HD channels that have the issue, I haven't checked all

I fear you misunderstand how signal faults work with a digital TV platform. Channels are broadcast in "clusters" or multiplexes which don't always bear any resemblance to their EPG positions. That's why I asked if you could identify specific examples.

Its quite possible that all the channels you see affected are, without you realising, common to a particular cluster or broadcast frequency on which you have a signal issue.

@Happyasapie wrote:

I tried, again, to call Virgin a couple days ago and was told there was over an hours wait. So me trying to call is not the best. Is there a way to get virgin to give me a call? 

If there was, then everyone would use it and many C/S agents would have to be removed from inbound call queues 😀

I'm afraid you are best calling. As with many things in the current climate, patience is the name of the game.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Happyasapie
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Oh japitts, 

I fear if I understood what you were saying I would know what the issue is and not have to use this platform to ask my predicament in the small hopes that a virgin media staff would actually be able to help me.

As is with the case of a lot of things right now patience and understanding is important. But when used with Virgin media, being patient is equal to wondering how long is a piece of string.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Pixellation is usually the result of signal issues which are best reported to Virgin.

I sympathise with the call queues, but calling is the best way. VM should arrange an engineer visit to investigate your fault, or maybe a replacement box.

0 Kudos
Happyasapie
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Now my land lines aren't working. Great. So now I can't even call to spend an hour on hold in a queue. 

Issues with Virgin come like London busses, 3 at the same time 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Do you have access to another phone to call? 0345 4541111 is a landline-call from any UK phone.

0 Kudos
Happyasapie
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Well, at exactly 1 hrs and 08 mins someone answered. And they didn't hang up like last time. Things are starting to look up, as by this time I had given up all hopes of regaining any sanity after listening to the same 3 songs repeated over and over and over again.

They said they will send a technician tomorrow....for both TV and phone. 

Let's see how this plays out. 

Thanks jappits, for your very insightfulness, and for actually replying to me! Appreciate it. 

0 Kudos