Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Some channels pixelated

Hi , after another wasted call to customer service where you get cut off as it’s easier than trying to resolve I thought would ask on here . 

Couple of issues - Some of my channels , lower down the channel list ie Yesterday , have pixalation and as such unwatchable . Turned the V6 on and off but still not any better . Any ideas ? Customer Services we’re going to reset the box but didn’t happen .

Also why are so many of the current Discovery Channel programmes not available on UK catch up ? Ie deadliest catch 5E1389C9-B4FC-4B5A-B418-4E1FF2D24161.jpeg

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Some channels pixelated

@coughandcath wrote:

Hi , after another wasted call to customer service where you get cut off as it’s easier than trying to resolve I thought would ask on here . 

Couple of issues - Some of my channels , lower down the channel list ie Yesterday , have pixalation and as such unwatchable . Turned the V6 on and off but still not any better . Any ideas ? Customer Services we’re going to reset the box but didn’t happen .

Pixellation is generally indicative of a signal fault, sometimes noise interference in particular cases, but it's a fault all the same.  You can reboot the box yourself to eliminate a software issue (home > Help & Settings > Clear or reset TiVo box)

Dave, Eden, Sky News,  Drama +1 & Alibi (all the SD versions) are all carried on the same broadcast frequency as Yesterday SD, and so if there's a signal issue on one it would affect all of them.

If you've reset the box and are still having problems, then you're likely needing either an engineer visit or a box replacement.

@coughandcath wrote:

Also why are so many of the current Discovery Channel programmes not available on UK catch up ? Ie deadliest catch 

It's probably a rights issue - anything that's available on CatchUp should have the "C" logo next to it in the EPG - you'd have to ask Discovery why certain programmes aren't available, as they're the broadcaster.

Out of interest, is there a reason you don't want to record those programmes?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hi , thanks for the reply .... I like to binge watch a series rather than wait each week 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@coughandcath wrote:

Hi , thanks for the reply .... I like to binge watch a series rather than wait each week 

I'm exactly the same, think I've got a good dozen or so series with all episodes recorded and waiting... fortunately the V6 has a plenty big enough hard drive that it doesn't matter 😉

Far better to have the programmes you want recorded on your hard drive whenever possible.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos