Menu
Kerr72
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Some channels not working

I have the top tier with my tv package but for some reason my sky sports HD channels and kids channels aren’t working anymore. Anyone know how to fix this?

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Some channels not working

Hi Kerr72,

Have you changed package recently/recontracted? 

To access Sky Sports HD and the kids channels you need to be on the Ultimate Oomph package, unless you are paying £7 a month extra for the Sports channels in HD and £5 a month extra for the kids personal pick add on. 

Current  ChannelGuide  and Personal_Picks 

To search for missing channels using your remote control press HOME > Help & Settings > Help > Virgin T> go up to the top of the screen then TV Care and press OK >  Missing Channels.? > Refresh my channels list

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
Kerr72
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Am on the maxit tv package. I got my bill reduced today for next 18 month. Could that have something to do with it?

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

HI again Kerr72,

Neither Sky Sports or the kids channels are included in the Maxit package, as per the channel guide link in my previous post.

If the agent also added Sky Sports as an extra to the Maxit package it would only be the SD (channels 511-520) unless you requested the HD version which is an extra £7 per month.  The agent should have explained the differences to your good self.

Again if you got the Bigger bundle plus Sports (Maxit TV plus Sky Sports) that would only include the SD version of Sky Sports, and not the kids channels.

If you have the Sky Sports as an extra add on it wouldn't include Sky Sports Mix.

I suggest you go back on the phone and speak to retentions (thinking of leaving us) and ask them to either put you back on your original package, or give you a decent offer with the Sports HD add on and kids, or a decent offer on the Ultimate Oomph package. 

You do have 14 days to change your mind when agreeing a new contract.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Kerr72 wrote:

Am on the maxit tv package. I got my bill reduced today for next 18 month. Could that have something to do with it?

Yes, that's almost certainly what's happened. newapollo is spot-on with his advice, but by means of explanation - you were probably on an old TV package which included the non-FTA kids channels. Those became a chargeable personal pick quite a while ago now, but by moving onto a new bundle as part of your re-contract, your package no longer includes them unless they were agreed on.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kerr72
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks guys for your help all sorted now 👍🏻👍🏻

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Kerr72,

That's brilliant. Thanks for the update.

Stay safe and take care.

Dave

0 Kudos