Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Some Channels not available - Various messages (including Smartcard is invalid)

I have a second tv box and last night I turned it back on after a while and I'm missing most of the channels on it.

There are a number of different errors as I try to watch the missing ones:

• It seems this smartcard is invalid (3010)
  • You may be temporarily having trouble viewing this channel (3043)
  • Help is at hand (3043)

I was on hold for almost an hour last night before I had to give up and have been for 15 minutes so far now. Having seen some similar messages it looks like this is a hopefully quick ish thing to fix, once you can talk to someone about it.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Some Channels not available - Various messages (including Smartcard is invalid)

It will be when you get through ! They just need to "reactivate" the channels. They did one of my boxes (that had been off for ~ a month) in a couple of minutes

--------------------
John
--------------------

My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Some Channels not available - Various messages (including Smartcard is invalid)

Thanks for that the phone battery gave up after being on hold for an hour again.

Will persevere tomorrow.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Well I finally got through to them and it appears the box I had wasn't one that's supported any longer. So they're sending a new one and maybe an engineer (the person I spoke to wasn't clear).

Hopefully will all be sorted today.

0 Kudos