Menu
sarahkurian
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Software Installation - Verification Failed

Hi Everyone.

I tried to setup my new TV connection, not able to move past the Software Installation screen. 

Due to some reason, verification is not happening. It says Error C219. Tried starting and restarting the box many times, without any success.

Did anyone face the same, have seen several threads on web but no solution. Do i have a faulty setup box..?

My home setup is as under.

-> Virgin Media Broadband Working Fine.

-> TV Set-up Box, connected via Wifi. Not possible to connect it through Ethernet.

Not sure how i can attach pictures here. Bit frustrated talking with Customer Care, they are asking me for a password which i don't have.

Tags (4)
0 Kudos
sarahkurian
Tuning in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: New V6 box C219 error

Can u let me know, how was the problem resolved..?

Iam not able to move past software installation screen. It says verification failed.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: New V6 box C219 error

Hi sarahkurian,

Have you checked all your cabling as per virgin-tv-error-codes/c219 ?

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Software Installation - Verification Failed

Hi sarahkurian,

I  suggested checking your connections in the other thread you posted Re-New-V6-box-C219-error/ 

"Have you checked all your cabling as per virgin-tv-error-codes/c219 ?"

Customer Care are asking for your telephone password, which is the memorable word you chose when setting up your account. It should have been included in your account notifications from VM. It's generally along the lines of mothers maiden name, first school, town of birth etc. Agents should be able to ask other questions to verify you as the account holder, but having said that, it's a fault with your equipment or set up so they shouldn't need the password.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
sarahkurian
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave.

Wiring seems to be all right, the "2 diagonal arrow" light on tv set-up box remains "red"

On the software installation screen, it fails the verification process. Then it says click for more info. On clicking it mentions error C219.

Tags (3)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@sarahkurian 

I've merged your duplicate posts. And to confirm you have a V6? If you're not sure, please check here

As per the online help that newapollo has already mentioned, this is a connectivity issue. Would you be able to connect your box via Ethernet just as a temporary measure in order to complete the install process?

Otherwise - where is your home hub in relation to your v6 box? I'm driving at the WiFi signal strength here, to make sure.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
sarahkurian
Tuning in
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

Yes it is a V6 BOX. Connecting it via ethernet is not possible, since my Home Hub is in alley - middle of bedroom and where TV is.

Wifi Strength shouldn't be a problem since i get up to 7-8 mbs constant speed when iam in TV room. 

Using the same wifi to watch youtube on tv, since v6 not working.

Somehow able to arrange engineer visit on Wednesday, ill keep you posted. Somehow i feel i have a faulty V6 Box, lets see.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

For info you can check the Wi-Fi reliability on any working V6 by following Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network ,  and looking in the top-right.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos