Menu
MaffewE
Dialled in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

So, is Full House now going to lose all the kids channels?

https://www.virginmedia.com/corporate/media-centre/press-releases/virgin-media-brings-it-all-togethe...

'A dedicated Kids Pick is also available on Player and Full House packages and will keep Virgin Media’s youngest viewers entertained for just £5 per month. This includes 11 channels, such as Disney XD, Nickelodeon and the Cartoon Network, as well as many episodes available via catch-up and box sets.'

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/bundles?boost=on&navelement=homepage_pos1_banner#tvlistings-top

Note that only the BBC, ITV and Pop kids channels still show as 'Full House', with the rest only under 'V.VIP'

So.

Are a load of channels being removed from my bundle, then? And I can only get them back if I pay £5 a month?

0 Kudos
cheekyangus
Dialled in
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: So, is Full House now going to lose all the kids channels?

@MaffewE wrote:

https://www.virginmedia.com/corporate/media-centre/press-releases/virgin-media-brings-it-all-togethe...

'A dedicated Kids Pick is also available on Player and Full House packages and will keep Virgin Media’s youngest viewers entertained for just £5 per month. This includes 11 channels, such as Disney XD, Nickelodeon and the Cartoon Network, as well as many episodes available via catch-up and box sets.'

https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/bundles?boost=on&navelement=homepage_pos1_banner#tvlistings-top

Note that only the BBC, ITV and Pop kids channels still show as 'Full House', with the rest only under 'V.VIP'

So.

Are a load of channels being removed from my bundle, then? And I can only get them back if I pay £5 a month?

I think they will have two versions of Full House on their systems in the future. The old one with the Pay TV Kids channels, but it will no longer be sold to new customers. And the new Full House which will cost less but not contain the Pay TV Kids channels.

0 Kudos
japitts
Problem sorter
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I'd agree with @cheekyangus on everything except the new Full House costing less. From a little play around with the "Build your bundle" section of the site, Full House certainly doesn't seem any cheaper and may even be a couple of ££ more, all depending on your options.

It looks very much to me like a stealthy price increase. The new setup could benefit lower-tier customers who want kids channels but don't want full-house, but it sure hits the top-tiers for six.

0 Kudos
Phyllograptus
Joining in
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Beware of calls from Virgin Media offering TV package upgrade for 10 years loyalty at reduced price. Had Fun package with lots of kids channels. Caller said Full House package would be great for our 10 year old daughter. Also got advertising email from Virgin Media last Friday saying Full House package included Nick Jr. Foolishly agreed to upgrade - now have fewer kids channels than on Freeview!! Feel I've been cheated. Hope contract has cooling off period so can cancel. This after they removed non HD kids channels like CBBC so that our box keeps hitting 100% full because have to record programmes in HD. Not pleased!

0 Kudos
Phyllograptus
Joining in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

PS. Just looked at Virgin Media Channel Guide - published Wed 1st May. It shows that Full House package has ALL kids channels! However at end of small print it says something about non Full House customers (previously TV XL) having to pay to add channels. Our bill says we were paying for Fun Package. What are Virgin Media playing at?

0 Kudos
jamesofmerton
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

'This after they removed non HD kids channels like CBBC so that our box keeps hitting 100% full because have to record programmes in HD Not pleased!'

everything is moving to hd now as with all providers, sky/bt etc. the old sd is being pased out. i would add that recordings are not meant to be for archiving, ie keeping shows indefinately. we have a show of someone we knew who went on tv, but when we upgrade to another box/the box goes kaput/we cancel the recording will be lost.

even on a 500gb hard drive it should hold 50 hours hd at least, probably more now due to a recent video compression exercise.

as for your other complaint. i sympathise.
0 Kudos
cheekyangus
Dialled in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

@Phyllograptus wrote:

PS. Just looked at Virgin Media Channel Guide - published Wed 1st May. It shows that Full House package has ALL kids channels! However at end of small print it says something about non Full House customers (previously TV XL) having to pay to add channels. Our bill says we were paying for Fun Package. What are Virgin Media playing at?

The Channel Guide published on 1st May is for the packages VM were selling before this change. The line-up there is for the Old "Full House" they are no longer selling to new customers, not the New "Full House" they have just started selling.

Fun Package is an old package they discontinued selling a few months ago.

That Channel Guide is wrong for the Player line-up too, it changed at the same time as the New Full House package was introduced. The change of it was that 22 channels were moved down onto it and made available to more customers, these being channels that are available on Freeview and FreeSat.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Sorry you feel that way Phyllograptus and you shouldn't have been told incorrect information by our team. I have just looked into this and found that a lot channels are only available on VIP package not.

You can add the kids channels to the full house package for £5 extra a month, I know that isn't the point as you've been sold the package under false pretences by our sales team. You can raise a complaint about the way the package has been sold to you, using the methods detailed on the following link - virg.in/compscop

There is a cooling off period and you would need to get in touch with the team to do this using 0345 454 1111/150 from a Virgin landline and then selecting options 4 and then 5. The team will be able to remove the package and find one that would better suit your needs. 

Thanks

Steven_L

0 Kudos
kreid4
Up to speed
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I vave had full house tv for 12 months (including kids channel)

i have Just signed a new contact including full house tv. The kids channel are no longer available to watch.  But virginmedia continue to advertise them as available in full house tv in the virginmedia tv guide.     tv guide may 19

I was not told the channels would no longer be available in full house tv.

What should I do

Regards

K

0 Kudos