Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sneaky Trick to watch out for - Switching from Maxit from Full House XL

For those of you who have not spotted this, especially those of you with kids....

There is a sneaky tactic going on with Virgin that is quite underhand. Basically, if you change anything on your tariff and you have the Full House XL TV bundle you will be switched to the Maxit TV bundle without being asked or informed. The rationale is that Full House XL no longer exists and so the change triggers a switch.

This would be OK if the two bundles were identical or if the new one was superior. Guess what....that isn't the case. Maxit TV has all of the Full House channels *except* the kids channels. If you still want those you have to pay extra. This doesn't impact me, but I wanted to highlight it because it feels unethical to me. I wouldn;t mind if I was told, but at no point was this mentioned to me.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sneaky Trick to watch out for - Switching from Maxit from Full House XL

The rational behind that is customers were fed up paying for channels they don't watch. Why should customers pay for kids channels when perhaps they don't have any kids

I work for Virgin Media and my posts are my own opinions
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I don’t disagree Alessandro. As I said at the end of the message, the issue I have is that I was not informed. I called to change my Home Phone tariff and without warning my TV package is downgraded. The cost is the same for the TV so I am still paying for the kids channels, I just can’t watch them anymore. How is that a fair way to treat customers?

The honest conversation would have been “oh, by the way, we will also remove these channels even though you didn’t ask us to do that. If you still want them you are now going to have to pay”. But that never happened.

How is removing a service and then charging for it stopping people paying for things they don’t want? It is just charging the people who do want it even more.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I would have expected a £5 discount to offset the kids channels

Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Then you will be disappointed 😕

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

I'm quite tough on morals I would have got a discount or cancelled, I'd call back up if I was you

0 Kudos