Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Slow internet and poor TV signal

Hi I have slow internet speeds and poor TV signal I've reset hub TV box nothing has fixed issue any help is appreciated

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Slow internet and poor TV signal

Your broadband issues are best posted in the speed forum here so I'll pick up the TV side. The issues could be related, although that's not necessarily the case.

What are your issues with TV signal? Are there any specific channels you're having issues with? And do you have a TiVo or a V6 box?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

V6 box nearly every channel is distorted 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

In which case I certainly wouldn't rule out signal issues that could also be impacting on your broadband service - but others in the broadband section are far more familiar with that.

Just on the TV, if you've already rebooted then your next step is to report the fault. This is primarily a user-forum with VM staff picking threads up (anything upto) a few days later, so you need to call TV Faults to progress this. If you have a VM phone, call 150, otherwise 0345 4541111. Follow the options for "I have a fault with my TV service".

You've not mentioned whether you have a TiVo or a V6, but if you have a TiVo then you may also want to consider a swap/upgrade to a V6 box which is a much newer and quicker box. You have VM broadband so meet the criteria.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks