Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Sky sports cost for a month?

Morning, 

can anyone tell me the cost of upgrading my TV big bundle for a month to include sky sports please? I presume you can add it for just a month? 
There’s a few NFL games I’d like to watch but there’s no need for me to have it any longer than a month as the Super Bowl is within that time. 
Thanks for you help. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Well-informed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky sports cost for a month?

Yes you can add Sky Sports for a month but to find out the cost call 150 choose options 1 1 4 5 that will take you through to the department you need they will tell you the cost of adding two other things to be aware of (1) you need to give them 30 days notice to cancel I know it’s unusual as you only want it for one month but that’s the way it works (2) also make sure if you want HD coverage it will cost you more as far as I know it costs an extra £7.00 on top of the cost of SS for a month.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, I was just after a ball park figure as my virgin subscription doesn’t start until the weekend and they’re currently unable to offer me any details on add ons/upgrades. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Likely about £32 + £7 for HD.

Usually you need to give 30 days notice for cancellation.

The SuperBowl is usually live on BBC, so if you are just interested in the NFL you'd only need this weekend and the weekend after.

So on Saturday you could buy a NowTv weekly pass for Sky Sports at £14.99, then a daily pass at £9.99 for the games the following Sunday (assuming the pass is active for 24 hours, and will not cut out at midnight).  Or a monthly Now TV Sky Sports pass at £33.99.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the info. Would I be able to stream it from Now TV the following day or will it only be available live? I’ve never used Now TV, I’ve always had sky or virgin. 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

You might find some clarity at https://www.nowtv.com/watch-sky-sports-online but I'd expect it to only include access for those specific days/weeks paid for.

Sky Sports SD is listed as £31.75/month, the HD pack an extra £7.

As has already been pointed out, the channels can be added immediately but need 30days notice to cancel, so you will probably need to give notice in the same call as adding them. You'll be able to record from the sports channels onto your TiVo/V6, and keep those recordings for as long as you have the channels.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks