Menu
GlenP
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sky sports charges reimbursed

Hi, upon the premier league being suspended I immediately contacted virgin regarding the suspension of sky sports payments in line with a reduction in service but was advised that no reductions were available. Two months later and my Virgin contract ends and upon contacting them to  keep the monthly payment down, it was suggested that I could suspend my sky sports payment until live sports were back on. This is a saving of nearly £30 per month but they refuse to reimburse me for the previous couple of months as "apparently" it was well publicised and I should have contacted them, despite them calling me, emailing me and texting me about other matters, yet no one ever thought to mention it. ??

Virgin customer of 15 years plus and currently paying £129 per month.

0 Kudos
Zoie_P
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky sports charges reimbursed

Hi GlenP,

Thanks for your post.

I am sorry you feel this way. This is true, it was widely publicised it was on our website, social media platforms our forum and also in the news. We will not refund if you did not contact us when live sports ended.

Zoie

0 Kudos
GlenP
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, but I did call ater live sports had been suspended but was advised my package would not allow any changes ???

0 Kudos
Lisa_CC
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

To confirm, we publicized the pausing everywhere and was also on our  COVID 19 update page. With the temporary pausing of the Sports package (both BT and Sky), we don't actually change your package but rather credit the account so the original contract, it's length and so on remains in tact. 

Regards,

Lisa

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

it was a few weeks after the sports was cancelled that you were able to pause the sports payment. Its possible that when you called in this wasn't yet setup or offered.

You can only get the credit from the date you request the pause. So it can't be backdated.
0 Kudos
GlenP
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for your reply. I wouldn't usually discuss my issues in public but I simply cannot get through to speak to anyone regarding it but I do appreciate the current situation.  As a loyal long standing VM customer,I do feel let down, given that I did call, i am also aware that there are legal contractual obligations when a service has been paid for but not provided  ?? I am simply looking for a proportionate refund for the period in which those services were not provided without having to pursue further. I have just committed to a further 12 month contract but this issue has become one of principal.

Thanks

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

the services were provided,
VM supplied access to the channel. VM do not control the content that is shown on the channels. VM are a platform not a content creator.

VM legally supplied you with access to shy sports
0 Kudos
Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sorry GlenP but as my colleagues advised earlier in the thread that we cannot reimburse any charges for Sky Sports packages that werent paused.

As @Anonymous stated above you may have called through before we had the option to pause sports, the only option at that point would have been to cancel sports from your package and then re-add sports when the live action resumed.

Regards

Steven_L

0 Kudos