Menu
Cookieboy2
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sky sport pause

Hi

I have a vip package on a discount package paying 98.50 per month, if I apply for a pause in sky sports will that effect the package discount.

Thank you

0 Kudos
Joshua_B
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky sport pause

I wouldn't have thought so, I also have discount on my account but have paused my subscription, it only pauses the payment for sky sports and doesn't affect any other discounts you have.

Here to help! I'm a technician helping out , all opinions are my own. Find out more

If you have found my response helpful today please take the time to mark my answer as helpful and give some Kudos.

Although I work for Vm all/most posts are of my own opinion

Fancy £50 off your bill? Ask me how.
0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Cookieboy2 wrote:

Hi

I have a vip package on a discount package paying 98.50 per month, if I apply for a pause in sky sports will that effect the package discount.

Thank you

No it won't. It does not affect your contract at all, it just applies a credit every month that there is no live sport. Make sure when you apply the pause on the website that you select the BOTH Sky Sports & BT Sports option.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
aperrott
Joining in
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

How do you pause the sports channels? I have been through the account settings on my.virginmedia.com but I can't see any obvious way to pause them.

Thanks for your help!

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@aperrott 

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/thinking-of-leaving/talk-to-us

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

SBooton
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

We’re on the Ultimate bundle. If we pause Sky Sports and BT (if we can) what would this reduce the payment to? Currently £99 p/m. 

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@SBooton wrote:

We’re on the Ultimate bundle. If we pause Sky Sports and BT (if we can) what would this reduce the payment to? Currently £99 p/m. 

Nobody will answer that question. You will just have to see what percentage they choose to use, as there may be some discounting in the bundle price that was agreed with Sky/BT.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

0 Kudos
Cookieboy2
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Have filled in the form today, will have to see what discount i get

0 Kudos