Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Sky on-demand not working

Hey

My Sky on demand isn’t working. I’ve watched a couple of films but this issue has been going on for over a week. The error message is V273. I cannot find any known errors and rebooting my hub and TiVo box doesn’t help either. Please advise

Many 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 2 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky on-demand not working

@Catboy wrote:

Hey

My Sky on demand isn’t working. I’ve watched a couple of films but this issue has been going on for over a week. The error message is V273. I cannot find any known errors and rebooting my hub and TiVo box doesn’t help either. Please advise

Many 

Not working for us tonight - but no error code, just a black screen when we try to play any of the content.  It asks for a PIN code (as before 9PM with 'adult' themes - Chicago PD) but then doesn't play.  Worked fine last night.

When I tried calling 150 there was some message about a fault that was 'complicated' and engineers looking into it - but the MyVirginMedia website shows no known issues - so not helpful.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Trouble shooter
Message 3 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi g0akc,

Although nothing was showing when you looked at Check service status, it may be a more localised fault.

If nothing is showing  there you could also try the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 4 of 21
Flag for a moderator

@newapollo wrote:

Hi g0akc,

Although nothing was showing when you looked at Check service status, it may be a more localised fault.

If nothing is showing  there you could also try the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Ours is working this morning - it's been acknowledged as a wider outage but it didn't seem to show up clearly on the service status pages or numbers.  See update here:

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV/No-On-Demand-or-Catch-up-error-code-V202/m-p/4390665#...

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 5 of 21
Flag for a moderator

just checked again and it’s still not working. Code remains the same with no known faults showing. Calling in feels so daunting as I’ve had the line go dead on me twice. This is massively frustrating as I’m again paying for a service I cannot use

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 6 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hello. Moderator? Can you help?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hi Catboy,

Welcome to our community and thanks for posting. Sorry to hear you're having issues with your on demand services, we appreciate the frustration this causes especially when you want to watch a movie or show.

Looking remotely from our end with the details you have provided from your community profile, we can see your V6 stb is showing as offline? Do you currently have the box in standby mode?

If so please can you bring the box out of standby so we can carry our further diagnostics for you? Can we also confirm the error code you have posted is correct? V273 as this is not showing as a valid error code?

Please can you do the above so we can assist you further and let us know when you have dine this,

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 8 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hey Jodi

my box is on but the account is now in my wife’s name. The email is exactly the same but with a ‘t.’ At the start rather than an ‘e.’

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Catboy,

Now we are on the correct account, it is still advising the error code V273 is not a know error code with our V6 stb? Are there any other error codes appear?

What happens when you try to watch a movie on demand? How far are you able to get before this error code comes on the screen?

Kind regards Jodi

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 10 of 21
Flag for a moderator

Hey Jodi

Yes, code is the same -  V273. I can't find it either. I did call in and a colleague of yours made some tweaks but the problem is still there

Thanks

0 Kudos