Menu
NattyDread86
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Sky movies on demand

I am unable to watch any sky on demand movies and haven't been able to for weeks!

Every time I try to play one it either says service is unavailable or just causes the box to stop responding altogether requiring me to turn it off and on again. Any suggestions? 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
Johninboro
Dialled in
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky movies on demand

Box model?

Tivo or Horrizon 4 software?

Ethernet or WiFi connection to hub?

If you call Virgin and you have any other box than a V6 or above then they will just swap out your box.  Yodel will deliver it to your home for you to set up.

Feel free to click on the thumbs up thingy and kudos thing. It really helps me to feel important and boosts my ego.
Seriously though, I'm happy to help.
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky movies on demand

Which TV box do you have? If you're not sure, check here 

Do you get any error messages/codes when you try to watch a film? That will help ID what the issue might be. Also whether you have the same issues with other OnDemand programmes - Sky OnDemand uses the same VOD platform as every other broadcaster (streaming apps excepted) so if you've got problems with one, you'll likely have problems with all.

It's hard to advise any further without knowing which model it is, but there's a few possibilities in each case...

A box swap will only be offered, if your box is deemed faulty - it certainly won't just be offered just because you have a particular model.

Let's check which model you have, then go from there.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos