Menu
sllowarch
Tuning in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports

When Premier League football resumes on 17th June 2020, Sky are offering their customers free access to Sky Sports. I have access to Sky Sports as part of my Virgin Media bundle, the cost of which was suspended during the current Covid-19 pandemic. Will Virgin Media be offering me similar concessions to that of Sky?

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Sports

Details of this offer from Sky, perhaps a link, would be useful.

I thought they were now charging subscribing customers. Perhaps the offer is for non-subscribers?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Legend
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sky's pause in billing for Golf and Premier League is only temporary and will resume from 19 June 2020.

https://www.sky.com/help/articles/pause-sky-sports 

So, of the first two matches on 17 June (Aston Villa vs Sheffield United and Manchester City vs Arsenal) it's likely that the latter will be broadcast by Sky and will therefore be free.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG1008D 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sky have been sending out an email which says, "39 exclusively live PL games plus another 25 live games for all Sky subscribers". 

The 39 exclusively live PL games are for people that subscribe to the sports package.

Sky Sports will be showing 25 games free-to-air, including Liverpool vs Everton on the first weekend of resumption.

The free-to-air games will be on the Pick channel which is available on all Sky and VM packages, also on freeview and  freesat. 

The Pick channel only transmits in SD.

Some of the games may also be broadcast on Sky1/SkyMix.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali