Menu
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 11 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Sports loss due to Corona Virus - PLEASE ANSWER

@wazowski wrote:

IF Sky are not allowing VM to offer similar reductions for Sports coverage as Sky are offering their own customers then VM should name and shame Sky.

If they are then VM are being unfair.

When we find out which it is - I will decide who will get my future subscriptions.

Some of us are old enough to remember when Sky done a deal with Virgin to buy some channel content in return for a new channel deal. Sky then promptly put all the content they bought onto Sky Atlantic & refused to re-sell it to anyone else. Some things in TV land never change. Sky have been losing channels recently with broadcasters pulling out of satellite distribution while remaining on cable services. Looks like sour grapes to me.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 12 of 16
Flag for a moderator

@paulg262 wrote:

Following, as waiting to see what Virginmedia do.

This, all over. My bundle includes Sports & Cinema, and I would fully expect to mess up the cinema discount if I cancelled sports. As per Martin Lewis' comments this week, I'm happy to "bear with" for now rather than join the complaining masses. I wouldn't be surprised if there's an announcement sometime over the next couple of weeks.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Joining in
Message 13 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Well Done VM - just paused mine online. Very easy process, not sure how much it will save but they will automatically start charging again when live sport returns. You can also carry on watching the sport channels in the meantime.

Thanks

0 Kudos
On our wavelength
Message 14 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi, 

I've just seen VM allowing the pause sky sports option now, what i am confused about is them allowing us to continue to watch the sports channels? Once you submitted the form to pause, have you checked your account a little time later to see if it reflects this and cost savings etc?

Thanks. 

0 Kudos
Joining in
Message 15 of 16
Flag for a moderator

No I haven't checked my account - I'm prepared to acknowledge that VM staff will be very busy and I'll accept their assurance that they will do it 'as soon as possible' at face value.

As for still being able to watch the sports channels, it probably makes much more economic sense to VM to leave the channels alone and just start charging again when live sport is back rather than having to switch them all off and back on again. 

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 16 of 16
Flag for a moderator

It is quite likely you will see a credit on your account equivalent to the price of the channels. This saves any alterations to the existing setup, rather than setting up duplicate channels at zero rates. It also solves the problem with people who have the channels inclusive of their packages.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

0 Kudos