Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 21 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Sports and BT Sport - Free of Charge?

Indeed.

But if they put "zero value" on it, it raises an interesting conversation when it comes to renewals.  "Hi Virgin, I see you place no value on these channels" 🙂

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 22 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Anyone know why Virgin are going to be charging again for Sky Sports once the Premier League returns when all games are going be free to air. If it's free to watch why are we having to pay again?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 23 of 28
Flag for a moderator

paying for sky sports

Anyone know why Virgin is going to start charging again for Sky Sports when it is going to be free to air? 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 24 of 28
Flag for a moderator

They are not all free.

BT have no free games and Sky have sime free games. Sorry cannot remember how many but did see it online

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 25 of 28
Flag for a moderator

There are FAQs about the resumption of sports and charges where the form was:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/thinking-of-leaving/talk-to-us
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 26 of 28
Flag for a moderator

You can find details of the first batch of games, including the free to view ones on Sky Pick, BBC and Amazon here  https://www.virginmedia.com/virgin-tv-edit/sport/fixture-generator

Sky Sports will be showing 64 games, 39 they had the original rights to,  and they picked up an additional 25. The additional 25 games are the free to air games and will be shown on Pick.

BBC and Amazon Prime will be showing 4 free to view games.

You don't need to be a member of Amazon Prime to watch their games, however they haven't yet announced how people will access them. You will probably need to login with an email address.  

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 27 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Re: paying for sky sports

@Neilinkent wrote:

Anyone know why Virgin is going to start charging again for Sky Sports when it is going to be free to air? 

Not all games will be shown free. The vast majority of the free ones will be on Pick TV. If you have ever used Pick TV the picture quality is akin to watching an old VHS tape, so don't get too excited.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 28 of 28
Flag for a moderator

Re: paying for sky sports

PickHD is testing on Sky and Freesat. I'm not saying it's likely, but the possibility is there even if it's only a part time channel for whilst free to view Football is on there, that VM could add it to channel 100 Showcase so customers could watch the game in HD.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos