Menu
Juls53
Joining in
Message 1 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports & BT Sport

Hi,

I cancelled our Sky Sports & BT bundle on our account, it showed as a credit on our bill last month, but I have received our bill today and we have been charged for this again.  I have now suspended it again for the forseable future, is anyone else seeing this on there current bill?

0 Kudos
Commander208
On our wavelength
Message 2 of 22
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Sky Sports & BT Sport

Same thing here.  Received my bill yesterday and the credit for the suspension of Sky Sports was missing.  Received the credit on last months bill and from looking at my account this morning it appears to show it being credited next month but no explanation of what went wrong on current bill.  Trying to access call centre but not surprised to learn of long wait times for a reply.  Anybody else suffering this issue?

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 22
Flag for a moderator

There was a glitch, now corrected, which affected the adding of the pause discount for some customers. This glitch did not disadvantage these customers overall.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
pdfbt40
Superfast
Message 4 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Received my first bill showing a BT Sport refund.  Its been carried through to the payment to be collected by DD.

Unlike the Bundle though, it just shows a single amount on 14th April.  No period of discount as with the Bundle section.

So is it from a fixed date or when I happened to spot the ability to claim a refund and apply?.

pdfbt40
0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Hi all, 

So for example, if the bill was produced on the 12th and the discount applied on the 14th, you'll see it on the next bill 🙂

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
pdfbt40
Superfast
Message 6 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Not on my bill and that still doesn't answer my question.

What period does the discount given on 14th Apply to?

IIRC the original announcement was valid from 22th March, but implied to be active from date application was accepted?

pdfbt40
0 Kudos
John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 22
Flag for a moderator

The 14th is an example date, I wasn't being specific 🙂

So if the bill date is the 12th, then you'd not see the discount until the next bill as it would apply on the 14th in this scenario, working a month behind if you get me?

Kind regards,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
pdfbt40
Superfast
Message 8 of 22
Flag for a moderator

I get you and you are wrong!!

As I said, on my bill the credit is included in the payment to be taken.

What I'm asking is:
1 What period does the credit apply from
2) What period does the credit run for.

This will of course only become critical when BT Sport charges ar reinstated with normal service, but say a 23 day diffence instart date .could be significant
pdfbt40
0 Kudos
duncan47
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 22
Flag for a moderator

The “glitch” means we will be charged for Sky and BT Sports this month and that two months discount will be applied in June. Good luck with that! I only see more problems next month, with VM hanging on to our money as long as possible.

0 Kudos
Westcountryguy
On our wavelength
Message 10 of 22
Flag for a moderator

Yes we must wait another month and see if the 'double credit' appears in June. I have full bill March April and 1 credit attached to the May payment. There is an un-activated credit showing on my account for April . So we all been told a 'double' will come in June. We can feedback results to other forum users in a month .  

0 Kudos