Menu
ginler
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports UHD

• Hi, 

I'm thinking of ordering the Ultimate Oomph bundle, but I have a few questions that I would really appreciate if a staff member could answer:

1) The main purpose of me taking out a pay TV package is to watch the football in 4K. I understand that BT Sport Ultimate is already available on Virgin. Will HDR be added to this channel, seeing as though the new Virgin 360 boxes support HDR?

2) It was announced in July 2019 that Sky Sports UHD would be coming to Virgin in 2020. Will this happen, given that there is only a month of the year left? If not, then it probably makes more sense for me to go with Sky Q, as they already have this available in UHD

Moreover, if it does happen, will it come at an extra cost to customers? If so, how much? Will the price depend on your package? (eg ultimate oomph customers don't have to pay, but others do?)

0 Kudos
russellfinch
Joining in
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Sports UHD

I'd like to know this too. It's much more important than 360 box !!

Going back to Sky if Virgin can't produce what they promised

0 Kudos
Nar_then
Tuning in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Got fed up of waiting for UHD so that and constant Internet problems I’ve gone back to sky. 

0 Kudos
davewillo
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

This is really annoying, like you said, July 2019 they announced UHD content, yet here we are in 2021 and still the same 2 channels broadcasting UHD content and even these are off for most of the day.