Menu
HornetUK
Dialled in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports UHD?

I thought late last year when Sky and VM signed a new deal one of the new things Virgin would receive in 2020 was access to Sky Sports UHD channels, is this still happening in 2020?

Thanks

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Sports UHD?

Hello HornetUK

Thanks for your question 

Its a very good question that we sadly don't have any news on this yet 

Sky like to keep the main selling point to themselves 

Prime example is Sky Atlantic

We are always looking to improve our service and as soon as we have any news then please have a look here 

Gareth_L

Thesaint1967
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

If I was working for Virgin then if there is no news then I would escalate it up the chain. As surely the Management know what's happening with this. 

0 Kudos
Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Commercially sensitive information will NEVER be released, no matter where you are in the chain of command.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Thesaint1967
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I'm not after sensitive information as you imply they've agreed to this service with Sky last year as a customer I just want an indication of when this is likely to happen. 

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Launch dates are classed as sensitive information. Most staff won’t know & the people that do know this will have signed non-disclosure agreements . There will be official announcements when the time comes, as there was with the Roland Garros UHD coverage a few days ago.

VM BB TV Landline PAYG mobile. Freeview/Freesat HD, Tesco Mobile. Customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Roger_Gooner
Legend
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

The announcement of Sky Sports UHD was made over 14 months ago, plenty of time for Sky to get its act together and deliver it via VM's platform. If in the meantime some people have switched from VM to Sky then Sky won't have shed any tears.

--
Hub 3.0, TP-Link Archer C8, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, V6
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM Broadband Connection
Thesaint1967
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Roger Gooner finally a person who understands my original point raised and not bringing politics into the equation. Well said 14 months has gone by and no developments. 

0 Kudos