Menu
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports Subscription

Has the Sky Sports subscription contents changed recently? Up until yesterday could access all the Sky Sports and BT Sports channels but yesterday I found I could not view Sky Sports News nor Mix and none of the BT ones. I don’t recall being informed of any change so have I missed something somewhere?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Community elder
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Sports Subscription

Hi jaybee192,

Providing you haven't made any changes to your packages then using your remote control, press HOME then 

Help & Settings > Help > Virgin T> go up to the top of the screen then TV Care and press OK >  Missing Channels.? > Refresh my channels list

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

You've not said what's happening when you try to watch these channels - are you getting an error message? Or are they greyed out in your guide?

If they're greyed out, newapollo's advice is a great place to start. If something else is happening, let us know what.. and someone will be able to advise 🙂

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I tried what newapollo advised but still no joy.  The missing channels are grayed out on the guide and consequently I cannot view them via the TV, Virgin TV Go nor the Sky Sports app on my IPad.  I did change my package a few weeks ago in order to get a price reduction but the Sky Sports part was left intact, I was told, and it was only yesterday I noticed the missing channels.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Are you checking the SD channels from 511 upwards, or the HD from 501?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Do you know what package you are on now? BT Sports, and I think Sky Sports News and Sky Sports Mix, are part of the top general packages rather than the Sky Sports add on - which is the other Sky Sports channels. If you downgraded your TV package, then that may be why those channels are lost.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yes, from 511 onwards. The BT channels are HD but I know I had access to those only a week ago as I recorded a programme on BT Sport 1 HD but now those and Sky Sports News and Mix say ‘Channel not subscribed’.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Yes, I did downgrade as I mentioned but I insisted that the Sky Sports add on stayed intact and I was assured it would although from what you say those particular channels have now been lost only recently although the package change was made a month ago.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

If the channels are greyed out, and you made those changes a month ago, I'll wager the channels have been removed from your package.

Sky Premiums (Sports & Cinema) have a 30day notice period and if you've lost access using the apps as well, I don't think they're on your account anymore.

You're only going to resolve this by calling I'm afraid. Unfortunately you've also gone beyond the 14day period to cancel whatever change has been made.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I found that although I discussed the new package with the retention team a month ago, the new contract actually started yesterday, hence why the channels went missing then. I was assured my Sky Sports service would remain intact but that obviously turns out not to be the case as I now see on the contract that it was the Sky Sports Collection that was included which is only a few of the channels. I’ll have to ring up but no doubt they’ll say it’s too late to make any changes, it will be my word against the retention team that I could keep my Sky Sports intact and I’m stuck with what I’ve got. I find situations like this very frustrating having been a loyal customer for well over 20 years through the various providers Nynex, Cable & Wireless, NTL and VM. 

0 Kudos