Menu
BobbyJean84
Tuning in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports Main Event Picture Issues

Hi there.

No issues currently with any other channel but for the last 2 says Sky Sports Main Event HD (channel 501) has been experiencing picture issues (pixelation and lagging). Any particular issues with this channel at the moment?

Have reset my Virgin TV V6 box a couple of times but no change.

As mentioned no issues with any other Sky Sports or any other channels.

0 Kudos
Mayhem1956
Just joined
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Sports Main Event Picture Issues

I am having the same problem with pixelation

0 Kudos
Matt181170
Joining in
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Same issue for me too. It's even worse today than the last few days.

0 Kudos
BobbyJean84
Tuning in
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Can anyone assist on this? Been continuing for a third day now with no other channel affected.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

This may be  location specific. It's OK here on Teesside.

Currently it's the same program on 501 and 502, the graphics are exactly the same with no problems. The only difference just now is the sound, one has piped crowd noises and the other doesn't.

Have you guys checked for faults in your area by checking your service status in My Virgin Media. 

You can also run a test from there.

Or you could try the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
BobbyJean84
Tuning in
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Into day 5 of this and still the same issue, still no other channel affected. Both my virgin media and the service status number indicate no issues with my TV service.

Any other solutions?

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @BobbyJean84

Thanks for popping back with updates on your Sky Sports picture issue. We currently have no reported issues with this channel - all the checks we have done are showing that the feed is coming through fine from the provider with no issues whatsoever. 

How are things looking on the SD channel (511) - are you seeing the same issue? 

Is the poor picture quality all of the time or just when a match is showing? Is it just live shows that are impacted? How are your recordings? 

I've taken a look at your account and Set Top Box from here for you and can see it's been around a week since it was last rebooted - all your tuners in the box seem to be ok at the time of checking and no errors are showing. 

Can you reboot so we can refresh from here and see if we can spot anything that may be causing the issue. 

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
BobbyJean84
Tuning in
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie

The issue looked to have resolved itself a few days after my last message but a week later the issue is now back, affecting the original channel I had issues with and now annoyingly some more. A couple of the sky movies channels are experiencing the same picture issues that have only arisen again this evening.

I've reset the box twice tonight and there have been no improvements. I've also checked my virgin media and there are no issues in my area.

To answer your questions, the SD sky sports main event channel is experiencing no picture issues.

The poor picture quality quality is occurring at all times during the broadcast on the channel, not just during live events.

0 Kudos
camorris74
Tuning in
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Having the exact same issue here. Massive pixelation seemingly on all Sky HD channels.

Other HD channels and all SD channels working fine.

Have just rebooted the box with no effect whatsoever, when I try and run the test from the Service Status page get taken to an error page showing "We're sorry this isn't the page you wanted",

0 Kudos
camorris74
Tuning in
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Just to update, this is also now affecting BT Sport channels. Getting an error on screen saying "There is a problem with the signal on this channel." and an error code of W02

0 Kudos