Menu
Tomfawrderwen
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports HD picture quality

Hi,

I have upgraded to Sky Sports HD because the standard definition was terrible, very blurry and unwatchable. However, since upgrading the sky sports HD channels are still blurry or not quite as good as it should be? 
I have a new Samsung 4K UHD TV, I have played around with the settings on both the box and the tv, but it just doesn’t seem right! 

Is anyone else experiencing this? It’s just annoying when you’re watching live football etc and unless it is close up, it’s blurry?

Thanks in advance 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Sports HD picture quality

Can you be specific about what settings you've played with?

Blurry pictures would intitially suggest a motion control setting on your TV.

Is it only Sky Sports HD that you have issues with? What're other HD channels like?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Tomfawrderwen
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I have sorted my tv settings and they are perfect on all other channels, BT sports HD is perfect, movies are perfect.

tonight for example, I have pressed the red button to watch the football and the picture quality is horrendous! There’s clearly an issue with sky sports only, especially red button. My normal HD channels aren’t as bad, but still not perfect, but the red button is worse than SD.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Tomfawrderwen,

The red button football on the Sky Football is always in SD. It seems Sky don't want to give VM the HD version.  It's made even worse by the lack of slow motion replays etc, although the same holds true for Sky viewers in that regard.

I find it better to watch the red button matches on my tablet/phone via the Sky Sports app.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

I'm not sure what resolution the red-button streams are, but they're certainly no better than SD.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos