Menu
Mac1963
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports Greyed Out

I have the full tv package and have just renegotiated to stay on. Get home tonight and I’m not able to watch sky sports or sky cinema. Error code V56. I pay a lot of money for this service and I would like to know why I am unable to access channels I’m paying for. 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Sports Greyed Out

Hi Mac1963,

sorry to see you are having problems accessing those channels

V56 means the channels aren't subscribed.  The help page link below advises logging into My Virgin Media account to check which channels you are subscribed to.

It may not have gone through correctly, although sometimes package changes can take 24-48 hours to update.

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/v56

Have you tried rebooting the box?

Or you could try connecting to the network again via your box settings

Help & Settings> Settings> Network > Connect to Virgin Media Service now

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Mac1963
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Apollo

I have had the channels since last July and am still subscribed. I’ve now renewed to July 2021. I can access the channels through the sky apps but neither of my boxes (I have rebooted them both) which both say I do not have a subscription for those channels. It’s a bit odd..

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sorry Mac1963,

looks like a call may be needed tomorrow unless a Forum Staff member can pick this up for you when they come online.

You can call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mac1963,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community, I am sorry to hear you have been unable to watch Sky Sports on your boxes but can on the app ,so I can help with this, I will send you an invite into a private chat, I will send this shortly, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.