Menu
captaingadget
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Sky Sports Golf HD persistent W02

Since I have had Virgin Media, channel 505 Sky Sports Golf HD does not work. It may work for a while and then gives error W02. I have repeatedly followed the website advice and checked connections and restarted. But after a short while the problem re-occurs. How can I get a permanent fix to this problem.
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Sky Sports Golf HD persistent W02

Are you still having this problem?

If you are, can you check the following other channels..

Sky Sports Mix HD, Sky Sports Arena HD, CBBC HD, BBC-4-HD, C-Beebies-HD & Sky Arts HD?

These all share the same broadcast frequency, so if they're all problematic then it's a strong indicator of problems either with your box tuners or your incoming signal.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
captaingadget
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks - we have the same problem on all of those channels. Does anyone know of a way that I can report this issue?  I've tried phoning but after a 30 minute wait I've still not been able to talk to anyone. Is there a way of reporting an issue through the Virgin Media website?

0 Kudos
captaingadget
Tuning in
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Well after many tries, I finally got through to Customer Support, and was able to reset the not so memorable word and finally get technical support.  Took about 45 minutes on the phone.

They tried changing settings, but booked an engineer visit in case it didn't work.  Problem did resurface and so engineer came today.  After monitoring the incoming signal, he said the problem was an unstable incoming feed on one of the frequencies.  He started following the cable back, and when he got to the street box, found that the problem was there.  A second set of engineers were in the road within an hour and said that they had replaced an amplifier in the box.  Hopefully that will fix the problem. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for updating the thread, @captaingadget 

Faults call queues aside, it's good to read a tale of the faults reporting process working well, and the appropriate fix being applied in a timely manner.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos