Menu
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Sky Cinema missing from menu (HD box)

Just noticed that Sky Cinema is missing from our HD box, it was there and nothing has changed to our subscription.

Just check our TiVo and it is there, and followed these instructions but it is just not showing on the older HD BOX:

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-sky-cinema-on-demand-on#tab2

Any ideas why?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky Cinema missing from menu (HD box)

VHD & V+HD boxes are now obselete. Sky Cinema & Sky Sports channels are no longer supported on these boxes as of 31/0719. Sky Cinema On Demand has moved to an internet based system which the older boxes do not have the technology to access. You should have had notification to upgrade to a TiVO or V6 box sometime ago.

If not give Customer Services a call & they will arrange a swap out.

VIP pack with VIVID 350. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Oh, that’ll be why then. No I don’t recall ever being told and didn’t see an email stating this.

If this is the case then we would need to get a new TV for the room it’s in, as the current one doesn’t have a HDMI port which TiVo primarily has. However the rest of the box still works.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

@jaybe wrote:

Oh, that’ll be why then. No I don’t recall ever being told and didn’t see an email stating this.

If this is the case then we would need to get a new TV for the room it’s in, as the current one doesn’t have a HDMI port which TiVo primarily has. However the rest of the box still works.

The V6 doesn't have SCART, but the original Tivo does. If you get an original Tivo rather than a V6 as a replacement you could use SCART temporarily so you don't have to rush into a TV purchase.

0 Kudos