Menu
smn
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sky 1 HD Recording

I can find no support on the website for the following problem.

I have recorded two Sky series and I guess because the setting 'get HD if possible' was set they are in HD.

After watching half of one series I am now getting a message saying I cannot watch the remaining recordings as I do not subscribe to the channel which I assume is Sky 1 HD.

I have not changed my subscription nor have I received any notification that something has changed.

If I do not subscribe to the channel how can the recordings be from that channel?

Why am I getting this message now?

0 Kudos
SpacePhoenix
Superfast
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Sky 1 HD Recording

What TV package have you got?

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Can you watch Sky one HD now or is it giving the same message as the recordings?

One reason could be that the Sky channels were on a special promotion to all customers until last month due to lockdown. If you are on Mixit & have the Drama pack then Sky one would be in your normal channels, but the HD version would have only been on the special promotion. The rule is that when a Sky channel is removed from your pack the recordings also become blocked.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
smn
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi

I do not have Sky 1 HD in my package.

It can't be just the last month as the first recording is from 12th April.

I now have 2 series that I have recorded that I cannot watch.

I did not ask for Sky 1 HD  to be added and now I lose out.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Sounds like....

You don't have Sky 1 HD in your bundle, and ordinarily your box would be unable to record from it.

Your SL settings probably have "record in HD where possible" and for the duration of a promotional free-to-view period, it was possible to record from HD.

Now that freeview period has ended, those recordings are, quite correctly, not available.

It's awkward, and I sympathise, but there's no solution to this. You can try to see if the "missing" episodes are available on VOD.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
smn
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks you are right.

I expect nothing better from Virgin

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@smn wrote:

Thanks you are right.

I expect nothing better from Virgin

To an extent, this is "damned if they do, damned if they don't", and when it comes to promotional freeview periods - whatever VM do, is bound to upset someone.

Unfortunate I agree.

0 Kudos