Menu
timo91
Dialled in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Simple (you would think!): how much to add Netflix?

I have spent 10 frustrating minutes browsing around the Virgin Media site simply to find out how much it will cost to add Netflix, and I still am no closer to the answer!

Logged in and going to every possible link to "see upgrades and offers" just brings a "oops something went wrong! message".

Logging out and trying as a new customer there is even a whole page dedicated to it: https://www.virginmedia.com/shop/tv/netflix but nowhere there does it tell you how to do it , or how much!

If you click through Compare Bundles as if a new customer, nothing, even if you try to sign up it takes you to a terms and conditions page with no way to actually sign up!! Let alone FIND OUT THE PRICE OF ADDING NETFLIX!!! 

Don't they want the business?

If anyone has any idea how much Netflix costs, and how to even get it added (!) I would be really happy if you could tell me, as Virgin seem to want to keep it a secret.

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Simple (you would think!): how much to add Netflix?

you buy netflix directly . Virgin make nothing on netflix you pay netflix for the service.

https://www.netflix.com/signup/planform
Its £11.99/month for 4K (4 screens)
£8.99/month for HD (2 Screens)
£5.99/month SD (1 Screen)

As a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share my knowledge. I don't work for Virgin Media.

Click to learn more about VIP

Use Kudos to say thanks

Mark as Helpful Answer if I've helped

0 Kudos
timo91
Dialled in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much for the info. Virgin make a big deal about it being able to be billed through your virgin bill so it seemed logical to me that it was a Virgin "add-on".

If I sign up through Netflix won't I have to pay them directly? How do they know that I am using virgin and that they will be billing me instead?

0 Kudos
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@timo91 wrote:

If I sign up through Netflix won't I have to pay them directly? How do they know that I am using virgin and that they will be billing me instead?

Answers are here

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-media-billing-with-netflix

How can I add Netflix to my Virgin Media bill?

If you’ve completed the Netflix sign-up process through your V6 or TiVo box and have Virgin Media as your payment option, Netflix will notify us of your subscription charge which will be added to your Virgin Media account.

You’ll then just pay this together with your other Virgin Media services on your bill. If you pay us through Direct Debit, this means we’ll add it to your monthly payment without you having to do anything else.

If you don’t see the option for Virgin Media billing on your V6 or TiVo box, or if you sign up via the Netflix website, you will need to pay for Netflix directly to Netflix instead of having your subscription being added your Virgin Media bill.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
timo91
Dialled in
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Excellent, thanks for your help. much appreciated.

0 Kudos
Tavis75
Knows their stuff
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I would say you're better off going directly through Netflix, there's no saving paying via VM, you can easily cancel and restart your sub through the Netflix website and it seems to offer less opportunities for things to go wrong with the billing (plus if things do go wrong you don't have to deal with the VM call center). 

timo91
Dialled in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks, sounds sensible.

0 Kudos