Menu
gthomas7100
Just joined
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Setting up 2nd box

Hi, 

I'm trying to help my grandmother with her virgin TV box. She has one TV with a Virgin TiVo box that she regularly uses and this is working fine. Her TV package includes a 2nd box (this appears to be called a V box HD) but she has not used this for a long time (possibly never used). At the moment the only channels available are BBC 1, ITV and Channel 4. Is anyone able to tell me what needs to be done to allow her to access the full range of channels on the 2nd box?

Looking at the details of her account she has the best subscription available so I believe this is a set up issue rather than something to do with her subscription.

Thanks in advance

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Setting up 2nd box

V HD boxes are old ones and no longer in use. Only TiVo, V6 and 360 boxes are valid ones.

All customers with older V / V+ HD and V HD boxes have been contacted over the last several years to get them swap for either a TiVo or V6 box for no additional cost.

You'll need to do that for you Grandmother now too if she wants to continue to use the box.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi gthomas7100,

It sounds like your grandmother has one of the old Tivo boxes which have been decommissioned.

There were numerous announcements on the box advising a free replacement is available, which your gran won't have seen if she didn't use the box.

You might be able to process an online swap although it may no longer be available via this link get-your-tivo 

If that doesn't work then your grandmother needs to call VM to book an upgrade to a newer box. 

That's 150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, but best to call at 8am to avoid call queues or late afternoon around tea time.

I hope you don't mind me making a suggestion, but it might be worthwhile your grandmother taking the regrade route at the same time, and try and negotiate a new contract with a discount.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Problem Solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks for a useful post

0 Kudos
gthomas7100
Just joined
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Ah that explains it, thank you for your help 🙂

0 Kudos
gthomas7100
Just joined
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply, I'll get in contact to arrange for the box to be ugraded

0 Kudos