Menu
Cooty
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Series Link problem - truncating show

Hello Community,

On my v6 box I have a series link for "Live Formula 1" on channel 506 and this usually works without any problem.

Today, for the Bahrain GP I went to watch the "Race" section and noticed that it actually started coverage at 15:05 - and this was at lap 2, after the race was stopped due to a red flag incident.

I went to the previous recording in the schedule: "On the Grid" 13:30 - 15:05, but for some reason the box had only recorded 1 hour and 1 minute - stopping coverage half an hour before the race started.

I'm currently showing 16% of capacity used in "My Shows"

Can anyone suggest what might have happened and how I might avoid this sort of failure in the future?

It's _really_ frustrating to pay for a premium service and not even be able to watch the start of the race!

Alex

0 Kudos
bigguy283
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

tv guide incorrect on my v6 box

Hi!
Again today my v6 box is showing skyF1 tv guide  wrong times!! it says F1 race as starting 15:05 but it should be 14:05, it is constantly showing wrong start and finish times to most BTSPORTS and SKYSPORTS channels!! i have had the last 2 criket games miss half the match's because of this!
can somebody tell me why this is so bad on my v6 box?
thanks

0 Kudos
Dwightman
Joining in
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Not recorded F1

Anyone else had issues with the F1 recording today? My series link has recorded the “On the Grid” segment but not the race segment. When I’ve looked in the channel guide, it seems as though the race segment is also called “On the Grid” so I’m guessing that’s why it’s not recorded? So chuffing frustrating!!!

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Series Link problem - truncating show

Looks like there might have been an EPG error here, the same thing happened to me.

Think there were 2 pre-race shows, and the main race programme scheduled for 15:05. Looking at https://www.skysports.com/watch/tv-guide the race programme is marked as 14:05, so I suspect Sky changed their schedule somewhere.

There is a race re-run at 10pm tonight

Edit: @Dwightman You're not the only person asking - I've merged your posts.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

peel
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Series link misses the start of Grand pric

Series link misses the start of the Grand prix despite being set to start early. Grid walk recorded ok then I switched recordings and the first 2 laps were missing. May as nit have bothered watching as the first lap us normally the best. i don’t suppose Virgin will care😡

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Series link misses the start of Grand pric

@peel 

I've merged your post with another one on the same subject raised earlier 🙂

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
ozsat
Superstar
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: tv guide incorrect on my v6 box

It was wrong on the TV360 boxes too

Errors are best sent to tivoguideerrors@virginmedia.co.uk 

==================================
1.2Gb/55Mb in Area 31
Dwightman
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: Series Link problem - truncating show

Thanks @japitts.

What I found eventually is that it had all recorded. When I flashed this there was only 1 programme recorded, which was On the Grid. Once I’d watched that and then what should have been the post race show had started recording, the missing segment appeared!

All’s well that ends well I suppose!

0 Kudos