Menu
JoeC21
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Second TV Setup

Hi,

We've just ordered the oomph bundle which has two TV boxes (This was sorted last week but i've heard nothing about when the boxes will arrive, if anyone is able to advise when that will arrive as well that would be great!).

I believe the previous owner had multi room setup as there is a wall-mounted virgin connection box in the main bedroom. This has a co-ax cable going down an exterior wall and to the main virgin connection box but that end isn't connected.

Is this supposed to go into a TV splitter of some sort? There is a splitter already installed but that's for the TV and Router cables. Where should the cable leading up to the second room be to connected to please? I'm happy enough setting all this up myself, I just need to know where it should go. 

Thanks in advance!

Joe.

0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Second TV Setup

You're going to need an engineer for that second box if the cable to the room isn't connected at the other end.

External cables usually end up back in the brown 'Omni' box on the outside wall of the property, or sometimes will come from an existing internal wall point

Either way, the self install kit you're being sent isn't designed to resolve problems with the wall point connections. They are there for connections past those only.

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
JoeC21
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Thanks. How do I go about sorting that? I was just sold the bundle and given no other information last week so i'm not sure what is going to happen next. 

0 Kudos
Beth_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hey JoeC21,

Thanks for your post and welcome to the community!

I'll be more than happy to look into this for you - I'm going to send you over a private message so I can look into your account from there.

Please find a message from me over at the purple envelope.

Thanks,

Beth

0 Kudos