Menu
matthewcolvin20
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Scrambled TV Picture

Hi,

On all TV channels my picture is very scrambled - it means I am unable to watch TV without constant disruption.  The issue affects live TV and recordings, but does not affect Amazon Prime/Netflix when accessed through apps on the TV.  I have ran tests on broadband/TV and have reset the broadband and TV multiple times but with no result.  The issue has been getting progressively worse for over a month - I would like an engineer to investigate if possible.

Thanks,

Matthew

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Scrambled TV Picture

Your box gets Video OnDemand and apps over the internet connection, but live TV comes down the co-ax line - and it sounds like there's a fault somewhere that's causing poor TV signals. Sometimes it can be useful to identify if any specific channels (including SD/HD?) are affected but it sounds like yours has deteriorated well beyond that.

You need to call VM TV Faults to report this - 150 from a VM landline, or 0345 4541111 from any other phone. Follow the options for "I have a fault with my TV service"

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
matthewcolvin20
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi,

I agree with the below - it appears there is a fault in the line.  I have tried dialing this number but I get a message telling me due to COVID that call centres are closed and to go online, hence why I am posting here hoping I can get an engineer sent out.

Thanks,

Matthew

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Many large companies are in a similar situation at the moment, but VM's centres aren't all closed. I've heard a few recent reports of queues around the 20minute mark, but VM staff can take a few days working through posts on here.

How persistent you want to be with the call queues vs waiting for a response on here, I guess depends how urgently you want the fault reported and dealt with.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi matthewcolvin20,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and a warm welcome to you, I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your TV box showing scrambled pictures.

So I can help further I will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul.

0 Kudos