Menu
clairelb444
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Scala Radio

I just changed to virgin from sky. Why can't I get Scala radio? I am deeply disappointed! 

The last response mentioned virgin not being able to get it if sky can't.   Well sky does, so can you advise when you will be providing it please.

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Scala Radio

Hello

Scala radio will need to have an agreement with VM to be able to allow them too broadcast on the VM platform, being on Sky will have no bearing on the availability Scala radio on VM.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

newapollo
Superstar
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi Clairelb444,

Providing you have the V6 box you can go into the Apps & Games section  > All Apps > scroll down and click on Radioline.

On the screen that opens click on the search icon and type in Scala - you can then select and play that station, and also press the green thumbs up sign to add it to your favourites for next time you use the app

I'm not sure if this app is available on the older boxes.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Cueball99
Well-informed
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Use the Radioline app.

Edit: newapollo beat me to it.

clairelb444
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Thanks all,  how do I know if I have the V6?  It has just been installed.  When I click games and apps nothing happens

0 Kudos
clairelb444
Tuning in
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Actually games works, but not all apps

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello

Which box do you have then

V6

Arris-DCX960-V6-V-Media-Box.jpg

or Tivo

my-vm-virgin-tv-tivo-box.png

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@clairelb444 wrote:

I just changed to virgin from sky. Why can't I get Scala radio? I am deeply disappointed! 

The last response mentioned virgin not being able to get it if sky can't.   Well sky does, so can you advise when you will be providing it please.

It’s a free to air radio channel, so Scala pays the satellite operator directly & then pays a nominal fee to Sky for a guide slot. Not only does a station have to have an agreement with Virgin, there has to be a demand significant enough for Virgin to justify pumping it around its core network along with the expense & resources it takes up. This is one of the reasons Radioline was introduced.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

clairelb444
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

I’ve found it now, thanks.  Needed to put my PIN in.