Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

S101 - exhausted all my options, need an engineer

Recently I had my V6 box moved to a new extension by a very friendly engineer, now the biulding is finished, I just came to switch on for the first time and it isn't working.  I have checked all the wires, restarted multiple times, run tests called support et etc.  I need an engineer to come and check their connections from when I paid to have it moved recently.  Could a Virgin admin please arrange this,  Thanks

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: S101 - exhausted all my options, need an engineer

As per https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/s101 this could potentially be an account-specific issue, and you've mentioned the box might have been switched off a while.

If this was anything close to (or beyond) a month, then it could have been deactivated from VM's network and a call to C/S might be enough to resolve this. Make a note of your box serial number and call into 150 to make sure.

You can also check that the TV co-ax cable is finger-tight, and the connection to your homehub for the internet is good. Are you connecting over WiFi or Ethernet cable?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: S101 - exhausted all my options, need an engineer

So, I was PM'd by Paul and he arranged for an engineer to come today.  Matt the dreadlocked engineer has just left.  He is an absolute star - remembered us from the install, sorted it all out in super quick time, kept us informed all the way through, programmed our remotes for the telly and tidied up afterwards.  All done, very, very happy. I came to Virgin because my mate works in one of your projects teams, but we have stayed because of the constant free speed upgrades, excellent broadband and we love the TV service.  Contacting customer service on here is a breeze too.  Thanks again.

0 Kudos