Menu
RL60
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

S101 error

I have got an S101 error with 16% channels loaded. I have followed other advice on these forums and checked the internet connection on the box and restarted the box but it persists, please can anyone help?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: S101 error

Which box do you have? Is it a TiVo or a V6? If you're not sure, check here 

https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-error-codes/s101 advises further - depending whether you have a TIVo or a V6, you may need to bite the bullet and follow the advice in step 2 😉

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @RL60

Welcome to our Community and thanks so much for your first post - sorry that you're having some issues with your TV services at the moment. The error code you have supplied usually means that the box is having issues communicating with us and not able to load all information correctly. 

I have located your account from here and can see that your box is currently on standby and also connected to the Hub via Ethernet. I have bene able to send some signals to the box and they are being returned as successful so can I please ask you to remove the Ethernet cable - then fully reboot the box for me.

Once reloaded, reconnect the Ethernet cable

Pop back if you're still getting the same error after that as we may require a technician visit

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
RL60
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

Thank you for your message

I followed these steps and still not working with the same error and loading to 16% 

Please could you advise? 
Thanks 

0 Kudos
Katie_WT
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi there @RL60

Thanks so much for popping back so quickly - I have updated this end and it advises it's been around 50 hours since the TV Box was rebooted. When you reboot, can you unplug it for me - count at least 60 seconds before plugging back in. 

I have also booked a technician in the meantime as if the reboot doesn't work, it would require someone to come out.  You can check the appointment time via your online account and if you need to change or cancel it for any reason, you can also do that from within your account. 

If you have any issues looking at your online account, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Cheers

Katie - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
RL60
Joining in
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Katie,

thank you so much for your help and rapid response. 

I tried following your instructions and the same happened. Thank you for booking the appointment. That’s great

Rebecca 

0 Kudos