Menu
Jenni19
Joining in
Message 1 of 11
Flag for a moderator

S101 error

I have a problem, s101 error code and stuck at 16%. I have read numerous posts on this site but I am unable to fix this- have made sure all cables are firmly in place.

The problem isn't with my network, because I can watch catch up etc services. It just seems to be a fault with the tv channels.  We have previously connected via wifi but have never been able to access many channels that's why we tried to reset box but it now doesn't work at all.

Any help would be appreciated as tried on numerous occasions to get through to VM with no luck.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Superstar
Message 2 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Re: S101 error

HI Jenni19,

Which package are you on? Check which channels are available on your package  Virgin-tv-channel-guide 

If you are missing channels then if you've checked all connections are tight then,again)  have you looked at Check service status at the top of the page? You can also a run a test on your equipment from there.

If nothing is showing  you could also try the  Service Status number  0800 561 0061.  This often gives details of more local issues down to postcode level.

If no issues are showing then you need to contact to the Faults dapartment.

You could try the text messaging service. Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

You can also call  150 from your Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, options 1,1 and 2 (Faultsbut best to call at 8am to avoid call queue

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Jenni19
Joining in
Message 3 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your reply. Our box is the v6 with the MIXIT package when it was boring we could only get the main BBC and ITV channels no signal for any other channels that's why we tried rebooting now it won't get past the 16% stage even though all wires are still connected.  I will follow your suggestion and send a text to VM I am so unimpressed with their customer service wish I could return to TalkTalk they were so much better! We are supposed to have phone connection too but have never managed to get that to work either....

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 11
Flag for a moderator

How is the V6 connecting to the Hub - wifi or ethernet cable?

If wifi - can you connect it with an ethernet cable - if only temporarily whilst you check whether it starts working ok? If it does then you can conclude that the issue is its wifi connection to the Hub that needs sorting

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Jenni19
Joining in
Message 5 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi John,

Thank you for your reply. Unfortunately we can't connect with the ethernet as our hub for some reason is upstairs in bedroom and the tv is downstairs.

0 Kudos
jbrennand
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Well you can... if you get a 20/30/50m run of Cat5e cable for ~£10 and just trail it up there for an hour or two whilst doing the testing,

But anyways... you have 3 options for connecting a "distant" V6 to the Hub

1) Ethernet cable connect it to the Hub – always the best solution and not as difficult as you might originally think – good/flat Cat6 cable is relatively cheap and easy to conceal beneath carpets, skirtings etc

2) Or - improve the wifi signal at the V6 location – there are lots of discussions and options/suggestions for how to do that on this forum – n.b. the V6 works best on the 5GHz band. If you go Home>Help>Settings>Network>Connection - what does it report about the quality of the network connection?

3) Or connect the V6 to the Hub by good quality powerline adapters and short Cat6 cables (assuming your electric circuits connection is ok to support that)

--------------------
John
--------------------

I do not work for VM. My services: HD TV on VIP (+ Sky Sports & Movies & BT sport), x3 V6 boxes (1 wired 2 WiFi,) SH2 in modem mode with Airport Extreme Router +2 Airport Express's. On VIVID200, Talk Anytime Phone, x2 Mobile SIM only iPhones.
0 Kudos
Jenni19
Joining in
Message 7 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi 

Thank you for the replies and help.

We are still receiving the S101 message on our box. Have bought a very long ethernet cable to connect hub to box but still no loading of tv channels. We have also tried power boosters.

Just very fed we can get no response from anyone at VM despite phoning and messaging it just goes round in a loop I appreciate not being able to watch tv isn't an urgent problem but feel utterly neglected by this company and can't wait to leave but can't even contact them to tell them we want to end the contract! 

0 Kudos
NPP
Dialled in
Message 8 of 11
Flag for a moderator

S101 indicates a problem with the signal on the white coax connection, not the connection to the broadband.  Jenni- check it's plugged into the back of the box OK, and all the cable connectors at any splitters are tight. Then reboot the box. I'm afraid you will need an engineer visit if this doesn't fix it.

=========
I work for Virgin Media but all opinions are my own
0 Kudos
Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Hi Jenni19,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and a warm welcome to you, I am sorry to hear you are having issues with your V6 box .

So I can help further I will send you an invite into a private chat, please click on the purple envelope to accept.

Regards

Paul

0 Kudos
Jenni19
Joining in
Message 10 of 11
Flag for a moderator

Thank you for your messages, unfortunately this was a hardware issue and we have to have an engineer visit to sort this out. Thanks again for all the help and support it's really appreciated.

0 Kudos