Menu
PeterP1
Tuning in
Message 1 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Router affecting TiVo box channels

I have a 4th box the old type TiVo, not long installed but have noticed loss of some channels & some pixelating. By fluke I worked out the I get all the channels if I switch the router off but when switch back on again I go back to the original issue. It appears to be some sort of fault maybe caused by backfeed being sent from the router to the TiVo box! Very strange!!

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Re: Router affecting TiVo box channels

And your other (presumably 3, V6?) boxes aren't affected by this? If so, have you tried swapping one of the V6 with the TiVo to eliminate your internal cabling as a cause?

Loss of signal is usually accompaied by one of 2/3 particular error codes, pixellation certainly indicative of signal issues.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

PeterP1
Tuning in
Message 3 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Hi, yes swapped boxes, reset router & TiVo, checked cables etc. I now also get a network availability fault on the same box fault c133 & can’t access things like Netflix. I’m assuming maybe the splitters or the router or a combination of both are causing the issue? 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 9
Flag for a moderator

C130 & C133 are connectivity errors, relating to a loss of internet connection from the co-ax. I wouldn't be surprised to see the online light on the front-left flashing.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
PeterP1
Tuning in
Message 5 of 9
Flag for a moderator

The networking C133 seems to have sorted itself out, for now at least.... I still have the original fault where I lose some channels & get a w02 fault, if I unplug the internet router (either coax or power lead) I get them back until I switch the router on again....

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Some duff kit or cabling somewhere, which will almost certainly need a VM tech to properly chase down.

0 Kudos
PeterP1
Tuning in
Message 7 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Yep, my bet is those splitters they use, had loads of issues with them years ago last time I had VM. Could be the router but doubt it as the other boxes work fine when it’s on. I’ll let you know what the engineer says when he’s been if you’re interested?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Please do 🙂

PeterP1
Tuning in
Message 9 of 9
Flag for a moderator

Well the engineer came out & changed the TiVo box, splitters, router, fuse & some cable but still the problem hasn’t been sorted. He’d never seen this before & has booked a team in to upgrade the cable to the house now! All very strange.....

0 Kudos