Menu
ClaireT1
Joining in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Replacing faulty equipment

How do you get hold of any support from virgin. I have tried their advise online to fix my issue, I have tried chat (three times.- each time disconnected), I have tried calling (many times each time disconnected). I cannot use the TV service currently and resent paying for a service that I cannot use? nor can I reach any support...

Does anyone have any advice?

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: Replacing faulty equipment

Hi ClaireT1,

What probelms are you having with the TV service?  Are there any error codes? 

If you provide us with information then we may be able to help.

Otherwise you could try the text messaging service.

Just send  a text with a description of TV Faults  to 07533 051809. Your message will go into a queue and a representative will respond to you as soon as possible. It may take a few days. 

Should you decide to call again then it's best to call at 8am to avoid call queues.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
ClaireT1
Joining in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dave

My remote doesn't work/connect with the Tivo box. Tried all the regular stuff, rebooting/changing batteries/following advice on their website.But I cannot change channel or navigate the Virgin menu. I tried to download the app to use my phone as a remote but apparently my Tivo box is quite old and doesn't work either.. A friend who is with Virgin also has looked and said my equipment (Box/remote) is very old and likely needs updating

I have tried calling at or around 8am and get disconnected. I didn't know about the text messaging service so will try that too..

Many thanks for your help

Claire

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi again Claire,

Virgin have been replacing some of the older boxes to the V6 - there is a link, not sure if you qualify, but you have nothing to lose by giving it a try.

V6swap 

If you get the Oops message you would have to call in, so early to bed early to rise and make that call at 8am 😀

Good luck

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
ClaireT1
Joining in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks - I have given it a try!

0 Kudos