Menu
Highlighted
Superfast
Message 1 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Replacement for Vice TV Channel

Got a message pop up on the channel called Vice (channel number 219) that it'll disappear from Virgin this month, what channel will replace it?

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Replacement for Vice TV Channel

There is no obligation to replace any channel that is removed.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Super solver
Message 3 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

to add to ernie's reply from virgin's terms and conditions

'The television service is a variable TV service, so we don’t guarantee that we’ll provide any particular channel, or other content, or access to any third-party services. This means we may add, remove, change or interrupt (some, or all, of) the content and/or the television service from time to time. We may also have to make changes for reasons including (but not limited to) matters beyond our reasonable control, or where content or a service is made available to us by a third-party and they stop making them available to us or we gain or lose the right to make the content or service available to you. Where this happens and, if appropriate, we will try to replace content with similar or equivalent content'
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 13
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

There are 5 channels in total being removed on July 20th.

Since the beginning of the year Virgin has added Sky Comedy, Sky Nature & Sky Documentries.

There are also some changes to Sky Cinema coming up next week.

The line up changes all the time, but the number of channels stays roughly the same.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 5 of 13
Flag for a moderator

So VM can just remove a channel at anytime without so much as a valid reason yet the price of my VM Package stays the same 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 13
Flag for a moderator

deleted as duplicate point

I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Up to speed
Message 7 of 13
Flag for a moderator

I think it's two years since Vice came to Virgin Media, their contract was probably up and the two companies likely couldn't come to a new agreement.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@Weebully wrote:

So VM can just remove a channel at anytime without so much as a valid reason yet the price of my VM Package stays the same 

they don't put the prices up when they add channels so why would they lower the cost

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 9 of 13
Flag for a moderator

@cheekyangus   Your right they couldn't agree terms. vice-abandoning-europe 

Youth-focussed TV and media business Vice Media is slashing costs in Europe which could also see the end of its TV channels.

A report in the Sunday Telegraph said that its relationship with Virgin Media is also ending having failed to reach terms with Virgin over carriage of the channel.....  In January the company wrote down the value of its international arm, including its Vice UK operation, and citing “Brexit uncertainty” for its continuing losses. Its annual turnover had fallen by a third.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Highlighted
Problem sorter
Message 10 of 13
Flag for a moderator

Sky customers lost the same music channels as VM today, plus a number of +1 channels.

They have also removed Comedy Central Xtra +1 today, however that channel will continue to broadcast on Virgin.

Sky haven't changed their prices to reflect the loss of the channels.

Sky Animation HD launches on Virgin on Thursday 23rd July (will probably take the place of Sky Premier+1) at no extra charge

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos